Seven Steps Of Bargaining With God
Contributed by Jim Butcher on Feb 8, 2005 (message contributor)
Summary: This message looks at some of the excuses that Pharaoh used to justify not obeying God. How many of these do we use?
Seven Steps Of Bargaining With God:
- these are the true and only 7 steps, but they are instructive.
1. “Absolutely not.”
- Exodus 5:2, 4, 6-9.
- don’t even want to think about or talk about God.
2. “I can make it without God.”
- Exodus 7:11, 22, 24.
- thinking some of God, but convinced that I can do it on my own.
3. “Maybe, but not right now.”
- Exodus 8:10, 15.
4. “Yes, but I’m not moving.”
- Exodus 8:25, 28.
- not going to be inconvienced; not going to make a bunch of changes.
5. “Yes, but just me.”
- Exodus 10:11.
- not going to witness; it’s just between me and God; it doesn’t have to impact my relationships with my family or others.
6. “Yes, but not my wallet.”
- Exodus 10:24.
- not going to tithe; not going to change my lifestyle.