Summary: ❶ . Behold His Provision ❷ . Behold His Authority ❸ . Behold His Expectation
- He spoke, three times before the darkness;
Luke 23:34, "Father, forgive them."
Luke 23:43, "Today thou shalt be with me in paradise."
John 19:26,27, "Woman! Behold thy son."
- Once He spoke while in the darkness;
Matthew 27:46, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
- Then three more times after the darkness;
John 19:28, "I Thirst."
John 19:30, "It is finished."
Luke 23:46, "Father, into thy hands."
- His First Words Were A Prayer
- When Jesus opened His public ministry He began with Prayer. Luke 3:21
" Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized; and praying, the heaven was opened."
26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.
Gospel singer Shirley Ceasar wrote "No Charge"
A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and he handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is what it said:
For cutting the grass $5.00
For cleaning my room this week $1.00
For going to the store for you .50
Baby-sitting my kid brother 25
Taking out the garbage $1.00
For getting a good report card $5.00
For cleaning up and raking the yard $2.00
Total Owed: $14.75
- Well, I'll tell you, his mother looked at him standing there expectantly, and boy, could I see the memories flashing through her mind. So she picked up the pen, turned over the paper he'd written on, and this is what she wrote:
- For the nine months I carried you while you grew inside me, No Charge.
- For all the nights I've sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you, No Charge.
- For all the trying times, and all the tears you've caused through the years, No Charge.
- When you add it all up, the cost of my love is, No Charge.
- For all the nights that were filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead, No Charge.
- For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose, there's No Charge, Son.
- And when you add it all up, the full cost of real love is
Well, when the son finished reading what his mother had written, there were great big old tears in his eyes, and he looked straight up at his mother and said, "Mom, I sure do love you." And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote : "PAID IN FULL."
- When you add the cost of HIS Love there is “No Charge”
- Words To His Mother Encourage Us
- No suffering however great can quench the love of Christ
❶ . Behold His Provision
- Statement: If Jesus gave care to His mother in the hour of need how much more is He eager to care for us!!!
- Should not this be the other way around
- If he cared for his disciples how much more for his mother!!!
Lk 8:19-20 (After Parable Sower & Seed)
Then came to him [his] mother and his brethren, and could not come at him for the press.
20 And it was told him [by certain] which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.