Summary: Questions, curiosity, and a desire to learn more are generally a virtue. This series seeks to answer a variety of common questions about the Bible, theology, or the Christian life that can be answered briefly.
Short Answers to Common Questions 2
1. One important innovations is the drone, a self-piloted mini flying device.
2. Amazon.com is pursuing a plan to deliver packages to your door by sending a drone to drop it off. Some people look forward to ordered a doughnut or a pizza and having it delivered by a drone. This will likely happen.
3. But drones pose a real danger to privacy. This UPI article reads, “Residents of an Alaska neighborhood said their privacy is being violated by an unusually high-tech peeping Tom using a camera drone.
Neighbors in the Prominence Pointe area of Anchorage said the drone has been seen flying close to homes and appeared to use its camera to look into windows.
"My gut feeling is it's here casing homes and trying to find out who's there or not," Tollefsen said. The Federal Aviation Administration bars the use of personal drones over private property without permission and the law requires owners to be within line-of-sight of their aircraft at all times.”
4. New technology brings new challenges and new questions.
Main Idea: Questions, curiosity, and a desire to learn more are generally a virtue. This series seeks to answer a variety of common questions about the Bible, theology, or the Christian life that can be answered briefly.
I. What is the Ark of the Covenant and Does It Still EXIST?
A. ORIGIN of the Ark (Exodus 25:10)
Indiana Jones did Christians a service… before then, average person had not hear of the ark.
“They shall make an ark of acacia wood. Two cubits and a half shall be its length, a cubit and a half its breadth, and a cubit and a half its height.”
• Placed in Most Holy Place where God’s Shekinah emanated from it
• Represented the presence of God
• Contents: Tablets of the Law, Aaron rod, jar of manna
• Some people misunderstood it to be putting God in a box
B. When the Ark was LOST (2 Chronicles 35:3)
“And he said to the Levites who taught all Israel and who were holy to the Lord, “Put the holy ark in the house that Solomon the son of David, king of Israel, built. You need not carry it on your shoulders. Now serve the Lord your God and his people Israel.”
C. Possible LOCATIONS of the Ark
2. Underneath the TEMPLE
D. Does the Ark need to be FOUND?
Jeremiah 3:16, And when you have multiplied and been fruitful in the land, in those days, declares the Lord, they shall no more say, “The ark of the covenant of the Lord.” It shall not come to mind or be remembered or missed; it shall not be made again.
This first question I label, “sensational.” The second, a life issue.
II. Is It a Sin to be DEPRESSED?
A. Many CAUSES of Depression
1. ANGER projected inward (frustration)
2. Body or brain CHEMISTRY
3. Circumstances that BLEAK
B. There is a time for EVERYTHING under the sun, (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)
In his book The Pressure’s Off, Larry Crabb tells this story from his childhood.
One Saturday afternoon, I decided I was a big boy and could use the bathroom without anyone’s help. So I climbed the stairs, closed and locked the door behind me, and for the next few minutes felt very self-sufficient.