Summary: Pastor Gomez preached this sermon at Arca Evangelica in Brooksville Fl. for their seventh year anniversary.
When Joshua had spoken to the people, the seven priests carrying the seven trumpets before the Lord went forward, blowing their trumpets, and the ark of the Lord’s covenant followed them. ?9? The armed guard marched ahead of the priests who blew the trumpets, and the rear guard followed the ark. All this time the trumpets were sounding. ?10? But Joshua had commanded the people, ?Do not give a war cry, do not raise your voices, do not say a word until the day I tell you to shout. Then shout!? ?11? So he had the ark of the Lord carried around the city, circling it once. Then the people returned to camp and spent the night there. 12? Joshua got up early the next morning and the priests took up the ark of the Lord. ?13? The seven priests carrying the seven trumpets went forward, marching before the ark of the Lord and blowing the trumpets. The armed men went ahead of them and the rear guard followed the ark of the Lord, while the trumpets kept sounding. ?14? So on the second day they marched around the city once and returned to the camp. They did this for six days. 15? On the seventh day, they got up at daybreak and marched around the city seven times in the same manner, except that on that day they circled the city seven times. ?16? The seventh time around, when the priests sounded the trumpet blast, Joshua commanded the people, ?Shout! For the Lord has given you the city!
-You have been quiet long enough! This is your seventh day.
-You have been waiting to celebrate this victory.
-You have endured others thinking you weren’t going to make it.
-Saying you weren’t called for the job at hand.
SHOUT! FOR THE LORD HAS GIVEN YOU THE CITY!
-its time for a change!
-Its time to quit living in the land of Bondage, and start living in the land of milk and honey!
-Its time to start living in the land of plenty!
IT’S YOUR SEVENTH DAY!,
SHOUT FOR THE LORD HAS GIVEN YOU THE CITY!
SOME FACTS ABOUT JERICHO
1. About 10,000 plus people in the city.
2. Jericho was surrounded by two huge walls and many soldiers.
3. At every gate there were watchmen.
4. Two walls 15 ft apart.
"Seven principles for Spiritual Victory"
1. Seven is the number of completion. Jesus had seven words at the cross, the last thing He said was; "it is finished".
2. Seven is the day of rest. The universe was created in six days and on the seventh day God rested.
3. Seven is the number of healing. Naamen the leper washed in the Jordan seven times at the instruction of Elias the Prophet.
4. Seven is the number of victory. Six times the Israelites marched around Jericho and nothing happened but the seventh time they shouted and the walls came tumbling down.
#1. A victory involves unity and fellowship.
-Being united to the vision of the house.
-Being in fellowship with the church and brothers and sisters in the church.
- Being united in one spirit with the other churches in the city.
#2. Victory is certain when we recognize who is in charge. The battle is the Lord’s.
Without a doubt God was ultimatelly in charge, but he also had a leader that was placed in charge of the battle. Verse 2, "But the LORD said to Joshua, "I have given you Jericho, its king, and all its mighty warriors".