Summary: Learn how the church can impact their communities for Christ.
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you."
A church that impacts its community is one that knows its inheritance(I Peter 1:3,4).
* A church that knows its inheritance works for the heavenly treasures not the earthly ones.
* The blessings are a result of seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness ("SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE ADDED ONTO YOU".
II. A church that impacts is one that knows its assignment.
* The assignment is two-fold.
1. To worship God with all we have. This is the purpose for which we were created.
A. This is more than just singing but a lifestyle. The way of life of the people in the church must be one that pleases God, from the pastor to the guy who cuts the lawn.
B. Jesus said; "A TIME IS COMING AND HAS COME WHEN THE TRUE WORSHIPPERS WILL WORSHIP HIM IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH".
* THIS IS THE TIME!!!
* The church cannot run by human logic but by lives that are submitted to God and are in line with His word.
2. The second assignment of the church is to reach those who need Jesus.
A. He gave us the great commision. "GO AND MAKE DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS, BAPTIZING THEM IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT."
* Jesus didn’t say go and make buildings or go and have a big bank account. He gave us a command!!!
B. All these things are wonderful as long as they don’t get us away from our assignment that Christ has given us. Which is to "GO AND MAKE DISCIPLES".
III. If we want to be the kind of church that makes an impact on the community, we must have a focused vision.
* PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF VISION’.
A. The vision of the church has to be the vision of Christ, which is the people.
* The church must never get caught up with the programs and forget the people.
B. The vision has to do with those inside the church and also those that are outside.
* We first have to minister to each other inside the church before we can minister to those that are outside.
*The church has to work on unity. Jesus prayed for unity when He said; " MAKE THEM ONE FATHER, AS WE ARE ONE".
* Paul told Timothy not to strive over words(2 Tim.2:14).
* To the Romans, he said not to show discrimination (Rom.15:5).
* To the Philipians; To be of one mind(Ph.2:2).
* To the Corinthian church he told them to live in peace(2 Corinth.13:1).
* To the Ephesians, to seek unity(Eph.4:3).
A CHURCH THAT IMPACTS ITS SURROUNDINGS IS UNITED!!!
C. A focused vision for the people outside.
* Jesus fed five thousand
physically before feeding them spiritually.
* It’s outside where the needs are really met.
* The Acts church grew as they met the physical and spiritual needs of the people.