Summary: Biblical records of failures are to warn and to teach
1. SIN ALWAYS CONCEIVES MORE SIN 19a
A. Second Roundup
1. Poole “lust was not yet satisfied; and therefore being pleased with the former experiment he desired another collection of virgins whom he might make his concubines”
B. James 1:14-16 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, brings forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
2. DUTY ALWAYS DEMANDS COMMITMENT 19b
A. Lack of Commitment is a sin
1. Thomas missed J. 1st appearance “Doubting”
2. Ephesians 6:7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:
Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
3. DECEITFULNESS ALWAYS BECOMES EASIER WITH TIME 20
A. It was their way of life – 1st lie hard/next/no thought
1. Make your point w/false info; twisted facts
2. “Figures never lie, but liars always figure!”
4. SPOKEN WORDS ARE NEVER SECRETS 21
A. Once -tell some one out of your control
1. They have friends they trust etc!
2. Always think our words sacred & not reptd
3. Ecclesiastes 10:20 Curse not the king, no not in your thought; and curse not the rich in your bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which has wings shall tell the matter.
Luke 12:2-3 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. 3 Therefore whatsoever you have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which you have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.
5. DOING RIGHT THE RIGHT WAY IS ALWAYS RIGHT 22
A. Controlled Response
1. No Idle Gossip – letting everyone know
2. Only person was Esther – access to the King
B. Careful Reaction
1. No celebration or bragging for his part
2. No demanding recognition or reward
a. reward was simply doing what was right
6. PAY DAY ALWAYS COMES 23
A. For Some Sooner
1. Bigthan &Teresh- inquisition> torture = oops?
2. hanged on a tree "A pointed stake is set upright in the ground, and the culprit is taken, placed on the sharp point, and then pulled down by his legs till the stake that went in at the fundament passes up through the body and comes out through the neck. A most dreadful species of punishment, in which revenge and cruelty may glut the utmost of their malice. The culprit lives a considerable time in excruciating agonies." (Clarke)
B. For Others Later
1. Ahas-u-erus – Less than 10 yrs. assassinated
by Capt of personal body guards & a chamberlain
2. Numbers 32:23 But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.