Summary: Have you ever felt your task was insignificant? Today we will talk about how small things matter to God!
Zechariah 4:10 – For who hath despised the day of small things…
What if all of a sudden there were no more honey-bees?
A. It takes more than water, sunshine and soil to make the world green. It also takes pollination.
1. At least 30% of the world’s crops and 90% of all plants require cross-pollination to spread and thrive.
B. Something as small as the honeybee is vital to our very existence.
1. I think God created bees to help us see the importance of the small things in creation and in our lives.
2. I’m still trying to figure out why He created the mosquito!
II. MINIATURE MIRACLES
A. An insignificant task? – 1 Samuel 17:1-58
1. What if David would have felt too important to carry a sandwich to his brothers who were fighting the Philistines?
2. He would have missed his opportunity to defeat Goliath!
3. Many miracles are hidden inside of insignificant tasks.
B. An insignificant gift? – John 6:8-12 (9) Read & Expound
John 6:9 - There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?
1. What if the little boy had told Jesus that his lunch wasn’t big enough for everyone there? Little is much when God is in it!
2. When we give God our best we position ourselves to receive God’s best.
a. He already gave us His best in Jesus…
b. We receive God’s best through active faith! (Faith without works is dead being alone.)
C. An insignificant prayer?
1. What if Elisha would have said, “All I’ve got is a 63-word prayer. I’m not sure that’s big and fancy enough?”
a. The audacity to believe!
b. It’s not the size of our prayers, it’s the size of our faith!
2. The shortest prayer recorded in the Bible was uttered by Peter when he started sinking on the water. He cried out, “Lord save me!”
a. Sometimes those short conversations with God are just as powerful as the longer prayers!
b. God doesn’t respond to fancy, God responds to faith! - Proverbs 28:20 - A faithful man shall abound with blessings…
III. GOD’S WORD FOR 2020 – THE SMALL THINGS…
2020 is not a time to focus on “The Big, it’s time to focus on remaining faithful in the small areas of our lives and “The Big” will be a symptom of our faithfulness!
Four things God spoke to me about 2020 at 4:19am December 23, 2019.
1. 2020 will be a time of clarity individually, nationally & globally.
2. And I will “Open Up the Heavens” over my Church and they shall rise in power and declare my name to the ends of the earth.
3. The beginnings of the “completion” of Joel’s prophecy will be accelerated and God will SHIFT the faithful.
4. Those who are powerless in my work will be forced to choose. Holiness or...
James 4:8 - Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.