Summary: Looking for Riches? This is where you will find it!
SO YOU WANT TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?
(12) If one bear holy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his skirt do touch bread, or pottage, or wine, or oil, or any meat, shall it be holy? And the priests answered and said, No.
How many of you have seen that new show on T.V. where people are desiring to become a Millionaire by answering quizzes/questions?
Many of us like watching these types of shows. Testing our own knowledge can be fun.
Tonight’s topic/subject/thought is more for the sinner.
You see, Christians don’t need to be quizzed on becoming a Millionaire.
We already know the answer.
Well, I found in the scriptures a "Divine quiz."
And I wanted to share this one with us tonight.
· Haggai was one of the twelve Minor Prophets.
· He wrote during the time of Judah’s return to the land after the 70-year
· A group came back with the express purpose of building the temple. The altar
was rebuilt and the important sacrifices were reinstated.
· The foundation for a new temple was laid and then the work stopped.
Through the preaching of Haggai and Zechariah work once again began on the
Now, God tells Haggai to ask the priests questions for an interpretation of the Law.
Here’s our text question:
If a man is carrying a piece of "holy flesh", meat sacrificed on the
altar, and accidentally touches bread, food wine, or oil with his garment,
will this make the thing touched holy?
The answer given by the priests was "no". Leviticus 24:4 explains that a man
who is unclean is not to eat of the holy sacrifice. If that holy sacrifice
can not make a man clean, it can not make anything else clean either.
My thought tonight is this,
· Hanging around Christians does not make you a Christian.
· Being born and raised in a Christian family does not make you a Christian.
· Just because you attend church on Sundays, Sunday Night’s & maybe even Wednesday Night’s does not make you a Christian.
I believe that being around a Christian church or people will influence you.
But it will not make you a Christian.
One must decide that for him or herself.
So then, "You Want To Be A Millionaire?"
I can tell you how…
ADMIT: Admit you are a lost sinner and repent!
Romans 6:23 says, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
BELIEVE: Believe on the Lord Jesus
John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
CONFESS: Tell people then he is your Lord!
Romans 10:9 says, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
DON’T: Don’t put it off!
2nd Corinthians 6:2 says, "behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."
What awards? What riches await us?
Well, those of us who know Jesus Christ are already ahead in the game.
Philippians 4:19 says, "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ
If supplying all our need is what he will do, then truly we are Millionaires in Christ already.