Summary: Solving Problems God’s Way: Part 7 Problem Prevention
Solving Problems God’s Way; Part 7 – Problem Prevention
* It would be better for us to simply avoid problems altogether instead of trying to solve them.
* As stated before, there is no way we can live a life that is problem free.
-- We live in a world that is fallen.
-- Man that is born of woman is of few days and full of trouble.
-- Jesus said, "In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
* Even if you lived a completely sinless, perfect life, you would still have problems. How do I know? Jesus !
* However, it’s actually possible for us to avoid some (but not all) of the problems of life.
* Some problems we bring upon ourselves. We are the cause. We make bad choices, or bad decisions and we have to live with the consequences.
Joke -- Dawson, for example, made a bad decision that caused him numerous problems. Dawson and his wife, Jennifer, had been debating buying a vehicle for weeks. He wanted a truck. She wanted a fast little sports-like car so she could zip through traffic around town. He would probably have settled on any beat up old truck, but everything she seemed to like was way out of their price range.
"Look!" she said. "I want something that goes from 0 to 200 in just a few seconds. Nothing else will do. My birthday is coming up so surprise me!"
Dawson did just that. For her birthday, he bought her a brand new bathroom scale.
Nobody has seen or heard from him since.
* In the automobile world and in industrial maintenance we have what they call preventative maintenance.
Example 1) Automobile , Every 3000 or 5000 miles you had better change the oil or a number of problems will arise from beneath the hood of your car.
* It pays to change your oil.
* It prevents future problems with your automobile
* It makes for a smoother running engine.
Example 2) House
* You don’t wait till the roof falls in before you fix a leaking roof.
* To prevent problems on the inside, and to keep the ceiling from falling in, you repair torn or broken shingles.
* You fix a broken drain beneath your house to keep water from standing to prevent structural damage to your house.
Example 3) Work (American Greetings) – a person is paid 365 days a year to do preventative maintenance on all machinery ,… all he does is go around and oil and grease machinery!
* Let’s think about some things we can do to avoid problems in the first place.
I. Avoid Problems by Listening to God’s Law Psalm 119:9-11
* Since sin brings problems into our lives; the less we sin, the fewer problems we will experience.
Psalm 119:9-11 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. (10) With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. (11) Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
A) Avoid physical problems Deut. 7:15
Deut. 7:15 And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.
* If you follow God’s laws, eat what He says eat, avoid foods that are unclean, you will avoid physical problems that others have.
1) Regarding eating properly Lev. 7:23-27
Leviticus 7:23-27 23 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, Ye shall eat no manner of fat, of ox, or of sheep, or of goat. 24And the fat of the beast that dieth of itself, and the fat of that which is torn with beasts, may be used in any other use: but ye shall in no wise eat of it. 25For whosoever eateth the fat of the beast, of which men offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, even the soul that eateth it shall be cut off from his people. 26Moreover ye shall eat no manner of blood, whether it be of fowl or of beast, in any of your dwellings. 27Whatsoever soul it be that eateth any manner of blood, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.
* Illus. – Restaurant today and there is a warning on menu if you order steak rare(blood in it). They realize what God said thousands of years ago is true… there is the risk of illness in raw meat.
2) Regarding moral purity Deut. 5:18,21 ; Prov. 7:13-27
Ex. Deut. 5:18,21
Deut. 5:18 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.