Summary: There are other ways by which men are trying to be saved.
SOME OTHER WAY
INTRO: Good men are compared to sheep. God called His people a Flock in
Ezekiel 34:31. Good men have the qualities of sheep. Harmless, meek, and quiet under the hand of both the shearer and the butcher.
The sheepfold was their refuge, or place of protection from thieves and harm. There was a door into the fold in which the shepherd could enter. The thief would come in another way. Jesus is the door. By ;Him all men enter into the kingdom. By Him all men are saved. Through Christ only can men be saved.
There are other ways by which men are trying to be saved.
I. WHAT ARE SOME OF THE OTHER WAYS?
A. The self-righteous way (Romans 10:3).
1. Those who have not submitted to God’s way.
2. They try to get to heaven on their own righteousness.
B. The way of the fool (Proverbs 12:15).
1. The Bible speaks often of fools and it usually refers to
2. They justify themselves in their own way. They think they are
3. All of us have had times when we thought we were right but
ILLUS: The doctor was at the bedside of a dying man. The man asked what his condition was. When the doctor told him he would not live through the night, the dying man said, “I have missed it.” “Missed what?” the doctor replied. “I have missed heaven. I have put it off too long.” The doctor was a Christian, so he told the dying man it was not too late. However, the dying man refused to accept Christ and went to his death crying out “I have missed it.”
C. The way of the Hypocrite (Luke 6:41-42).
1. Mote is small. Beam is large.
2. The hypocrites way leads to death.
ILLUS: A young Buddhist who had made a very careful study of Christianity, and particularly of Christ, said to a Christian regarding his study: “Your Christ is wonderful, oh, so wonderful; but you Christians, you are not like him.”
Without knowing it, the Buddhist pointed out the greatest need of present-day Christianity — more Christlikeness in those who bear His name.
D. There is a way that seems right (Proverbs 16:25). The way of self-righteous, fool, hypocrite, all seem right to them.
ILLUS: Driving down a highway that seems like the right way.
II. WHY TRY TO GET TO HEAVEN SOME OTHER WAY?
A. They are on some other way because they will not hear and accept
1. Paul preached, people heard, they wouldn’t listen, they
2. People do the same today.
B. They accept some other way with hope of gratifying their own
1. "The time will come when men won’t endure sound doc- trine" (2 Timothy 4:3).
2. That time is at hand today.
C. They don’t like to bear the cross.
1. All seeking the true way must bear the cross.
2. By going some other way, they are not compelled to bear the
III. WHAT IS AT THE END OF THE WAY?
A. True Way (Matthew 25:34).
B. Some Other Way (Matthew 25:41).