Summary: We Live in a changing World (1)Seasons change; weather patterns change (2) The boundaries and names of nations change (3) Work and ways of living change.
Text: (Malachi 3:6-8 KJV).
For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return? Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
A. We Live in a changing World
(1)Seasons change; weather patterns change
(2) The boundaries and names of nations change
(3) Work and ways of living change.
B. Even People Change
(1) We change physically and emotionally with the seasons of life
(2) We change in our ideas, our goals, and our convictions.
C. Since God Is Unchanging ,Some Things Never Change
A. THE WAGES OF SIN WILL NEVER CHANGE.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23 KJV)
1. "The wages of sin is death"
2. "In spite of inflation, the wages of sin remain the same"(seen on a church bulletin board)
3. A warning was given in the Garden of Eden: sin will bring death
(a) Satan 's lie was, Ye shall not surely die"(Gen 3:4).
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: (Genesis 3:4 KJV)
(b) Sin brought spiritual death and, ultimately, physical death
(c) Death continues for all (Rom 5:12-15; Heb 9:27).
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. (Romans 5:12, 14-15 KJV).
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27 KJV)
4. Every funeral and cemetery we pass confirms the wages of sin is death
5. Hell at the end of a sinner's life confirms the wages of sin
6. The death of Christ pays sin's debt and believers from its wages
B. THE LAW OF THE HARVEST WILL NEVER CHANGE (Gal. 6:7-8).
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Galatians 6:7-8 KJV).
1. We reap what we sow
2. It is impossible to sow sin and reap blessings
3. Harvest time will be both discouraging and delightful
(a) Those who sow to the flesh reap corruption
(b) Everyday along life's way we 're sowing
5. What changes do you need to make in light of the coming harvest?
C. THE LOVE OF GOD WILL NEVER CHANGE (Rom.5:8).
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 KJV)
1."While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us"
2. This is the greatest love story ever told
3. "When I have sinned, He has loved me. When I have forgotten Him. He has loved me.When in the days of my sin,I cursed Him, yet still He loved me. He loved me before I was born. Before a star began to shine He loved me.And He has never ceased to love me all these years"(C.H.Spurgeon)
4. The Cross proves God's love
(a) God 's gift of His Son guarantees eternal life for sinners
(b) There is no greater love (John 15:13)
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 KJV).
5. Grace delivers God's unchanging love to those who believe (Eph. 2:8-9)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)
A. These unchanging Truths Are Life Changers
B. Will You Come as a Sinner to This Unchanging Saviour?
C. Who Needs to be Changed Today?