Summary: A message in response to the Supreme Court's recent attempt to redefine marriage.
Some Things The Supreme Court CANNOT Change
Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not;
Listen online at - https://www.facebook.com/Stockdalebaptist or http://www.stockdalebaptist.com/
The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) is the highest federal court of the United States. Established pursuant to Article III of the United States Constitution in 1789, it has ultimate appellate jurisdiction over all federal courts and over state court cases involving issues of federal law, plus original jurisdiction over a small range of cases. In the legal system of the United States, the Supreme Court is the final interpreter of federal constitutional law, although it may only act within the context of a case in which it has jurisdiction. (source:wikipedia)
In the past 53 years there have been 3 cases decided by the Supreme Court that stand our above all others. The rulings in these 3 cases have greatly contributed to the moral decline of our nation. The cases that I am referring to are:
1. Engel v. Vitale (1962), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case that ruled it is unconstitutional for state officials to compose an official school prayer and encourage its recitation in public schools.
2. Roe v. Wade, (1973) is a landmark decision by the U.S. Supreme Court that resulted in the legalization of abortion.
3. Obergefell v. Hodges (2015), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case in which the Court held that the recognition and provision of same-sex marriage is a fundamental right guaranteed by the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
- Most of you have witnessed each of these with your own eyes. The latest ruling came on June 26th, 2015. Sadly when the news broke this past Friday I was not the least bit surprised. Don't get me wrong, I am greatly grieved by the ruling of the court. I am devastated by the rapid decline of our nations morals. I am sickened by the news coverage glorifying what God calls an abomination. I was outraged when I saw the White House that belongs to me and to you light up like a rainbow celebrating the decision. I looked at my wife (who is visibly pregnant) and wondered what this world will be like when that unborn child grows up. I have noticed the decline of America's morality for the past 33 years. And I cannot imagine what my two girls will see in their lifetime.
- With all of that being said, I still have hope!! The reason I can have hope is because my hope is not in America. My hope is in Jesus! I will not enter into a deep dark depression because of the ruling of the Supreme Court. I refuse to allow the current events, political decisions or the immoral course of our Country to rob my joy. As I look at the world today I rejoice in the fact that this world is not my home. I am a stranger and a pilgrim just passing through this wicked land. My home is in Heaven... and it is an eternal home.
- Notice what John says about our real home - Revelation 21:23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.