Summary: This is the 2nd study in the study "Doctrinal Issues From 1 Timothy".
Series: Doctrinal Issues From 1 Timothy[#2]
SOTERIOLOGY: THE DOCTRINE OF SALVATION
Saved From What?
1. Replacing the head of mankind.
2. Christ replaced Adam as the head of mankind.
3. The disease of sin was replaced with holiness.
How Do I Get Saved?
What Does Salvation Include?
1. Regeneration is the instantaneous work of God’s grace brought on by the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ.
2. The regenerated person is something new and not the same person.
3. Regeneration is the result of conviction of sin, repentance from sin, faith in Jesus Christ, and confession of that faith.
4. Most Christians believe this is all there is to being saved.
1. Most Christians relate sanctification with sinless perfection.
2. Sanctification relates to being holy or set apart.
3. It is the state of being set apart, set aside, or dedicated to the services of God’s work.
1. Glorification is the culmination of salvation and is the final state of the redeemed. This stat will be realized in Heaven.
2. The Bible does teach degrees of reward in Heaven and Hell.
Question And Answer Time.
Notes are taken from Associate Pastor Kevin Kellow.