Summary: Jesus was spelling it out for us, and He wasn't intimidated in the least by anything we could ever ask… He left it open ended… He said what ever you ask when you pray...
Speak it..Believe it..Receive it...
We live in a world where communication is key, its very important to all of us.
Everybody knows about their right to free speech...people are free to say pretty much whatever pops into their head
Never has there been a time in history, that people have ever spoke to each other more than they do now a days...and ever said less
A study concluded; The average person speaks 16,000 words per day..
which is like 15 words per waking minute?
All those words spoken each and every day… They accomplish one of two things, either they build up or they tear down...The subject that they're talking about
I'm sure we have all known someone who loves to talk… And have said
the same thing...Man those people love to hear themselves talk
Truth is… God could say the same thing of all of us
So many words, so many wasted opportunities, so much to be done…
The NSA… The governments record keeping system…
Falls short of God's record keeping system
God has a record of everything, everyone, has ever spoke...
God has always known words possess power,
Gen 1:1-3 NKJ
1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2.The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.
All through out creation we read how God spoke the world into existence.
Ever since the beginning of time we see how His words have power in them.
Jesus gave us a great example of how much power our words possess,
TBS. in the book of Mark 11:12-14, 19-24 NKJ
12. Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry.
13. And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs.
14. In response Jesus said to it, “Let no one eat fruit from you ever again.”
And His disciples heard it.
19. When evening had come, He went out of the city.
20. Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
21. And Peter, remembering, said to Him, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.”
...peter was amazed, at the power Jesus words had..as we all are
The look on his face must've been one of… How can this be...that everything obeys your commands!
And as we read on… We see that Jesus was more than happy
to tell him how things work and how his words and his faith...
affect the outcome of every situation
22. So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God.
23. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
24. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.