Summary: Christian Hills Church recognizes that we need to be a Spirit empowered church which means we follow the leading and direction of the Holy Spirit. It also means we yield our hearts as individuals to the Holy Spirit so that the power of Holy Spirit flows t
Series: We are here
Sermon 1: We are here!
Summary: We are called to be a Spiritual Oasis in a dry parched weary land. We are called by God to be a church which distributes healing water to our community and to other Christians. We are to be a place that helps others to heal from the wounds of this world, this life and the wounds from other Christians. John 4:13-14: Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
The new motto of our ministry is: “A place flowing with healing waters”
Thesis of the series: We are here in 2013 as a church and as Christian individuals to declare the message of Jesus and to bring in God’s heavenly harvest of souls. We are here to be the salt and the light of this world. To do this we must develop our 7 core values.
Our first core value is that we are Prayer focused!
Sermon 2: Prayer Focused!
Thesis: The church and all of us Christians should be prayer focused within our lives. Business should never choke out our prayer life instead we should be committed to prayer first. When we pray we discover God’s presence then we receive God’s power.
Our second core value is that we are Spirit empowered!
Sermon 3: Spirit Empowered
Opening Video: Core by Bluefish TV
Your core muscles are critical to you overall fitness!
• Core exercises improve your balance and stability!
• Core exercises don't require specialized equipment or a gym membership just commitment to doing the exercises which build them.
• Core exercises can help tone your abs and prevent injuries to your back!
• Core exercises make strong core muscles which make it easier to do most physical activities!
• Core exercises can help you reach your fitness goals and live a healthy life!
Fitness trainers and physical therapists will tell you and instruct you to strengthen your core muscles so you can be healthy and physically fit.
Today I want to remind you of our 7 core values (see the slide) here at Christian Hills Church – let me also help you see them as our seven core muscles which help our church to do the following:
• They improve our spiritual balance and stability in the spiritual realm and in our personal lives.
• They don’t require special programs or resources to accomplish only spiritual discipline and consistency in practice.
• They strengthen the foundation of our church to make it anchored and rooted in this world of turmoil and they will prevent injury to our church.
• They will help us to move easier, to have the strength to move forward with God’s agenda.
• They will help us reach our spiritual goals as a church and as individuals.
• They will cause us to be empowered from within to fulfill the Great Commission.
Today we are focusing on being Spirit empowered which is another core value or core muscle for this church and for your personal spiritual journey or race as well. You may be thinking: “What does it mean to be empowered by something?”