Summary: Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
1. The enemy is always inside. The enemy is constantly indoors. You do not have to open the door for the adversary. The enemy is within. When you destroy the enemy within, you have secured the greatest spiritual success. A man’s biggest enemy is not Satan, it is himself. We have to deal with ourselves by being in charge of our own lives. A wrong choice that you make becomes your worst enemy and your right choice becomes your best asset.
If you do not want to be an enemy to yourself, you must start dealing with the enemy within. It is wise to begin by making efforts to work on your spiritual weaknesses called sin, because a destructive stronghold in a life always starts with a foothold of sin. The enemy within a life should be of a more concern than the external enemies.
The spider does not need your permission to come into your home to spin its web, because it is already inside. If we succeed in dealing with our iniquities, we will be avoiding the hook of sin caging our lives and the enemy will be forever under our feet.
2. There is always a battle ahead of you.
The battle of life is like the cobweb; as you are breaking one, another is spinning up. If you think your house is very clean; give it a little time and you will see the web is back. It is like the battle of life, there is no end to it. You must be prepared to overcome the onslaughts of Satan. If you fail to win the battle of the foundation, there is always a battle ahead of you.
3. The load of a k-legged woman is not wonky at the head but at the legs. If the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do? The righteous always goes for deliverance because there is a problem in his foundation. If you do not deal with the spider, after praying and destroying satanic web, a fresh web will be spun. The evil spider is destroyed by dealing with the foundation. Kill their spider and break their web! The spider of Satan spinning webs against your promotion, advancement, prosperity, peace and your health will pass away in the mighty name of Jesus.
4. Those that are not at your level are not worth your time.
Do not waste your time praying and fasting against people who do not consider you their enemies. The casual insults you received from strangers are not worth bothering about.
David was sent by his father to bring food to his brothers at the battle with the Philistines and to see how they were doing. Before he could confront Goliath in battle, his eldest brother, Eliab was angry with him calling him bad names. David refused to be distracted at the edge of his breakthrough. His brother called him a nosy parker! David’s brother saw him as an overly inquisitive or snooping brat. The bible says David turned away from his brother to confront his own destiny which was in defeating Goliath. He was not at the same level with his brother; God had chosen him to be the next king of Israel.
5. When you are manifesting the expectation of heaven expect enemies.
If you run a successful and lucrative business, there is very little you can do to avoid having adversaries. A child of God is a target for the enemies. You should live a daily life of watchfulness against the guiles of the devil. The songwriter warns “Christian, seek not yet repose; Cast thy dreams of ease away; Thou art in the midst of foes: Watch and pray.”
The bible explains this in the book of revelation:
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of herseed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
6. The enemy you ignore can be the real enemy.
When we were young we always ran away from haggard and shabbily dressed old folks. We had concluded they were witches and wizards. Today we know better. There is corporate witchcraft - witches in suits and pleasingly dressed too! The enemy that you overlook can be the real enemy. The friend that you cannot do without might be the real enemy. Every child of God must pray for the discerning spirit.
7. Your enemy is dedicated.
Your adversary will go to any length to get you. There are satanic fasting and vows against the children of God on a daily basis. There are people and agents carrying mid-night sacrifices, eating terrible concoctions all to destroy a destiny. The enemies are relentless. The devil can wait to destroy a life even at a ripe age of 75.