Summary: Paul was the first to acquaint them with the fundamental principles of Christianity and now it was their responsibility to build upon the great grace foundation!
1 Corinthians 3:10 “According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building upon it. But let each man be careful how he builds upon it.” NASB
Paul was the first to acquaint them with the fundamental principles of Christianity and now it was their responsibility to build upon the great grace foundation!
1 Corinthians 3:11 “For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
James Madison the 4th President of the U.S. said of grace, “Grace, it is a free gift of God...to neglect grace is to neglect Him.”
In O.T. grace “chen” = favor. Noah and Moses the Bible says, “found grace in the sight of the Lord.”
In the N.T. grace is “charis” = gift, gratis
Ephesians 2:8,9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift (present) of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave (present) His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not parish, but have everlasting life.”
2 Corinthians 9:13 “...the exceeding (overflowing) grace of God”
2 Corinthians 9:15 “Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift.”
LifePoint: The Holy Spirit in us makes grace a strong foundation and an overflowing fountain of God’s favor!
In Islam, you will never find a Muslim use this word and you will never find the word “grace” used in the Koran! So we have an urgent calling on our lives to grow in grace!
As We Grow In Grace We Will Recognize 4Things:
1. Grace Can Be The Greatest Annoyance With Some.
An atheist once said, “If there really is a God of grace, may He prove Himself by striking me dead right now.” Nothing happened. The atheist proudly announced, “You see, there is no God.” His friend said, “You’ve only proved that He’s a gracious God.”
You can set your calenders to the new attacks that come at grace. Tis the season for grace hunters - those that try to mutilate grace found in the gospel. You may have heard this week that a James Cameron (Titanic producer) has found the “THE TOMB OF JESUS”!
James Cameron is now defending his controversial new documentary, which claims Jesus may have been buried with a wife and son.
Several major problems with this claim:
• Credible eyewitness saw Jesus alive after the resurrection.
• Wrong location of the tombs.
• Jesus was from Nazareth, not Jerusalem. So if there was a place of burial it would have been in Nazareth.
• “Jesus”, Joseph”, “Mary” were common names of the 1st century in Jerusalem. That is almost one 1 of 10 of every male.
• Even the Archeologist that found this site 25 years ago disagrees with this wild claim! Israel Antiquity Association- Fifteen experts looked at this and they said it was a monumental fraud.
• The disciple would have died for something they know was a lie. If they knew that the bones of Jesus were in this tomb. This in turn was the greatest fraud of all time!
Why is the resurrection so vital to grace? Because again it’s what God has done and not what man can do! Without the resurrection the crucifixion means nothing and without the crucifixion there is regeneration!