Summary: The best way to service is to start our day with doing the following. My wife and I to make this confession during our morning devotions. Jesus Christ is Lord of my Body, Lord of my Soul (mind) and Lord of my Spirit.
Start your day!
The best way to service is to start our day with doing the following.
My wife and I to make this confession during our morning devotions.
Jesus Christ is Lord of my Body, Lord of my Soul (mind) and Lord of my Spirit.
I. Wake up!
A. Wake up spiritually Romans 13:11 (KJV) And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
1. Why? The return of Jesus or we are one day closer to going to heaven.
2. Jesus wants to give you light so you can walk in his perfect will. Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
3. The Rev. Dr. Robert South, while preaching one day in 1689, looked up from his notes to observe that his entire congregation was fast asleep; including the King! Appropriately mortified by this discovery, he interrupted his sermon to call out, "Lord Lauderdale, rouse yourself. You snore so loudly that you will wake the King."
a. A pastor one day was asked by one of his members what short prayer could he say upon entering the church. The pastor knowing him said try 'Now I lay me down to sleep'. Smile.
4. God wants us to wake up, to the great responsibility of His riches.
II. Cast off the works of the flesh and darkness!
Romans13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
A. God does not force His Will or light of the Gospel on us.
1. Romans 13:13 (AMP) Let us conduct ourselves properly and honorably as in the [light of] day, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual promiscuity and irresponsibility, not in quarreling and jealousy.
III Dress up! (Put on) Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
A. Be a soldier of Jesus Christ! Put on the armour of God.
Ephesians 6:13-18 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
B. God's spiritual clothes to put on.
6. HOLY SPIRIT.
7. GOD'S WORD.
IV. Ready now to go to victory because; Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? A Living Hope, the saintly A. J. Gordon, as he lay on his death bed looked up and with one radiant burst of joy, cried, "Victory! Victory!" and so he went Home to be with Jesus.