Summary: Let us study the 46 TAKE HEEDS of the Bible.
By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. Kyfingers@aol.com
Perhaps we should study the TAKE HEEDS OF THE BIBLE SO WE
MIGHT TAKE HEED TO GOD'S WORD...
TAKE HEED: TO TAKE CARE OF... PAY ATTENTION, LISTEN CLOSELY,
TO TAKE NOTICE, TO GIVE CAREFUL ATTENTION, TO TAKE FOLLOW,
OBEY... TO APPLY MIND AND EFFORT, CONSIDERATION,
THERE ARE 24 TAKE HEEDS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT: NOTES:
1. Genesis 31:24 And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dream by night, and said unto
him, Take heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad.
2. Exodus 10:28 And Pharaoh said unto him, Get thee from me, take heed to thyself,
see my face no more; for in that day thou seest my face thou shalt die.
3. Exodus 19:12 And thou shalt set bounds unto the people round about, saying,
Take heed to yourselves, that ye go not up into the mount, or touch the border of it:
whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death:
4. Exodus 34:12 Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of
the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:
5. Numbers 23:12 And he answered and said, Must I not take heed to speak that which
the Lord hath put in my mouth?
6. Deut. 4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the
things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days
of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;
7. Deut. 4:15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of
similitude on the day that the Lord spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:
8. Deut. 4:23 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the Lord your God,
which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing,
which the Lord thy God hath forbidden thee.
9. Deut. 11:16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside,
and serve other gods, and worship them;
10. Deut. 12:19 Take heed to thyself that thou forsake not the Levite as long as thou
livest upon the earth.
11. Deut. 12:30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that
they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying,
How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
12. Deut. 27:9 And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying,
Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the Lord thy God.
13. Joshua 23:11 Take good heed therefore unto yourselves, that ye love the Lord your God.
14. 1 Chron. 22:13 Then shalt thou prosper, if thou takest heed to fulfil the statutes and
judgments which the Lord charged Moses with concerning Israel: be strong, and of
good courage; dread not, nor be dismayed.
15. 1 Chron. 28:10 Take heed now; for the Lord hath chosen thee to build an house for the
sanctuary: be strong, and do it.
16. 2 Chron. 19:6 And said to the judges, Take heed what ye do: for ye judge not for man,
but for the Lord, who is with you in the judgment.
7 Wherefore now let the fear of the Lord be upon you; take heed and do it: