Summary: Heaven is the ever increasing, ever deepening revelation of the experience of the love of Jesus
STUNNED BY INEXPRESSIBLE JOY!
Heaven is the ever increasing, ever deepening revelation of the experience of the love of Jesus
- 10 billion years from now we will still be stunned daily by the beauty, majesty etc
- It’s not just for heaven – Jesus: “thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
- Ps 16:11 You will show me the path to life, abounding joy in your presence the delights at your right hand forever.
- 1 Pe 1:8 Although you have not seen him you love him; even though you do not see him now yet you believe in him, you rejoice with an indescribable and glorious (inexpressible) joy
- 2 Co 3:17-19 All of us, gazing on the Lord’s glory with unveiled face are being transformed from glory to glory, into His very image
- clearly the bible teaches that this ever increasing experience is available to all believers NOW
- Outer court level of intimacy is knowing intellectually that He loves us and Jesus died for us.
- Inner court level is experiencing the Holy Spirit bringing the presence of God to us.
- Holy of holies level of intimacy is entering into the spiritual realm where Jesus is and experiencing His passionate love and knowing His heart in an ever increasing intimate way.
- best decision I ever made, ranks right up there with BIHS, mother lode of God’s love
- wave upon waves of presence of the Lord, tears of Joy from deep within
- insights in the bible I never saw before.
- created in me a hunger and thirst for more – passionate pursuit of the joyous presence of God
What are some of the ways the bible describe this joy?
Zec 9:9 Rejoice heartily, O daughter Zion, shout for joy, O daughter Jerusalem! See, your king shall come to you; a just savior is he.
Ps 68:4 The just will be glad; they will rejoice before God; they will celebrate with great joy.
Ps 32:11 Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you just; exult, all you upright of heart.
Lk 6:23 Rejoice and leap for joy on that day!
2 Co 6:10 Sorrowful yet always rejoicing
Php 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice!
1 Th 5:16 Rejoice always.
Ro 12:12 Rejoice in hope
Jas 1:2 Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials,
1 Pe 1:6 Rejoice, although now for a little while you may have to suffer through various trials,
Mt 5:11-12 Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you (falsely) because of me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven.
Hab 3:17-18 For though the fig tree blossom not nor fruit be on the vines, Though the yield of the olive fail and the terraces produce no nourishment, Though the flocks disappear from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, Yet will I rejoice in the LORD and exult in my saving God. (exult: to leap for joy, highly elated, jubilant, triumphant}
Apostle John on the island of Patmos
- Saw Jesus Re 4:1 After this I had a vision of an open door to heaven, and I heard the trumpet like voice that had spoken to me before, saying, “Come up here.”
- the door to heaven is open to John and Jesus is saying John, come up here
- It’s a command, not a suggestion, not an option to John
- but it is also a very particular, personal command to every believer
- Why? Because God wants every believer to experience the joyous presence of Jesus in ever increasing measure!
- God is commanding us into a passionate pursuit of the presence of His Son Jesus where we will experience the fullness of joys!
- I need to continually experience more and more of the love and joy of Jesus so that I will be able to love Him in return with all my heart, mind, soul and strength
- there is absolutely nothing more important for me to do than to rest in the presence of Jesus