Summary: Summary of the Gospel
Summary of the Gospel
1. The Gospel teaches of the Kingdom of God to come.
A. It was the message of the Kingdom that Jesus preached-for this reason was Jesus sent (Luke4:43)
2. The Gospel teaches of Jesus the Anointed (Christ)
A. That He is the son of God (Mark 1:1)
B. That Jesus died for our sins, was laid in the grave, and rose again from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)
C. That Jesus was the "Seed of David" (2 Timothy 2:8)
D. That Jesus was the Promised Messiah that the law and the Prophets spoke of. (Acts 5:40-42, 8:32-35, 13:32-33)
E. That through the man Jesus forgiveness of sins is available to us resulting in our justification in the sight of God. (Acts 13:38-39)
3. Acceptance of the Gospel must be accomplished with repentance.
4. Starting for the time period after the resurrection of Jesus, the act of baptism follows.
Once one has heard and believed the Gospel.
5. The Gospel is made void if a person denies the teaching that God can and will raise the dead. (1 Corinthians 15:1-19)
6. The Gospel teaches of God’s grace (favor) toward men. (Acts 20:24)
7. Its message offers salvation to both Jews and non-Jews.
8. The Gospel teaches of a Day of Judgment to come, in which God shall judge the secrets of men through the agency of Jesus. (Romans 2:16)
9. The Gospel message does not have its origin from men, but from God.
10. The Gospel has been called...
B. “The Word of God" (Acts 13:46)
11. Failure to obey and believe its message can only result in one’s own destruction. (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)
12. The Gospel teaches the righteousness of God. (Romans 1:15-17)
13. The message if the Gospel will be of no profits to those who hear it unless it is united with faith. (Hebrews 4:1-2)
14. Unfortunately, the Gospel can be found distorted or corrupted by men.