Summary: The Church in the Book of Acts was a prophetic church – that is, they clearly heard the voice of the Holy Spirit on a regular basis. We need to engage the prophetic realm today, to be able to minister to people in the power of the Holy Spirit.
SUPERNATURAL BREAKTHROUGH #5:
ENGAGING THE PROPHETIC REALM
“But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.” (Acts 2:16-17).
“After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, "Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.” (Revelation 4:1).
TRACEY – share dream from the Lord.
- God is calling us to ’come up here’ into the prophetic realms of open heavens.
BIG IDEA: The Church in the Book of Acts was a prophetic church – that is, they clearly heard the voice of the Holy Spirit on a regular basis. We need to engage the prophetic realm today, to be able to minister to people in the power of the Holy Spirit.
LOOK AT THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE BOOK OF ACTS:
· Acts 1:16: “Tthis Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit spoke…”
· Acts 8:29: “The Spirit spoke to Philip…” (he was an ordinary waiter!)
· Acts 10:19: “While Peter thought about the vision, the Spirit spoke to him…”
· Acts 13:2: “As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit spoke…”
· Acts 28:25: “Paul said, "The Holy Spirit spoke through Isaiah the prophet…”
- the whole story of the church - in the fact the whole Bible - hs people hearing God’s voice
OPENING: Last year’s prophetic dream about Beausejour. Everyone in the church was in beach chairs, the challenge to wake up the army and send them out!
“1 Then the boy Samuel ministered to the Lord before Eli. And the word of the Lord was rare in those days; there was no widespread revelation.
· In the church today, the prophetic word of the Lord is rare.
2 And it came to pass at that time, while Eli was lying down in his place, and when his eyes had begun to grow so dim that he could not see, 3 and before the lamp of God went out in the tabernacle of the Lord where the ark of God was, and while Samuel was lying down, 4 that the Lord called Samuel. And he answered, "Here I am!"
· Note that the ark represented the presence of the Lord in the OT.
· Where do we hear God’s voice most clearly? When we are in His presence - in prayer or worship.
· Story – season of ‘soaking’ in His presence – just ‘laying down’ near the ark.
5 So he ran to Eli and said, "Here I am, for you called me." And he said, "I did not call; lie down again." And he went and lay down. 6 Then the Lord called yet again, "Samuel!" So Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, "Here I am, for you called me." He answered, "I did not call, my son; lie down again." 7 (Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, nor was the word of the Lord yet revealed to him.)
· Note that you may have heard God’s voice, but didn’t know it!
8 And the Lord called Samuel again the third time. Then he arose and went to Eli, and said, "Here I am, for you did call me." Then Eli perceived that the Lord had called the boy. 9 Therefore Eli said to Samuel, "Go, lie down; and it shall be, if He calls you, that you must say, ’Speak, Lord, for Your servant hears.’ " So Samuel went and lay down in his place. 10 Now the Lord came and stood and called as at other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" And Samuel answered, "Speak, for Your servant hears.” (1 Samuel 3:1-10).
· How do we begin engaging the prophetic realm?
· Ask God to speak, be willing to do what He calls you to do!
TEXT: “My sheep hear my voice, I know them, and they follow me.” (John 10:27).
· Listen to our messag eon “Knowing God #2: Hearing God’s Voice”.
· Different ways God speaks – through the Word, dreams, visions, angels, etc.
I. WHAT IS PROPHECY, AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
1. PROPHECY REVEALS JESUS TO US – IT’S ABOUT KNOWING HIM MORE!
· “Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” (Revelation 19:10).
· “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.” (Ephesians 1:17).
· Last week we had a powerful release of a revelation of the Father’s heart to us.