Summary: Hard times are difficult times of life, a time that you hate to experience, not palatable with the flesh. A time it appears you don't know what you are doing. Everybody in life is bound to pass thru hard time. But as xtians we have antidotes against har
Surviving Hard times
Gen 35: 15 -20
Hard times are difficult times of life, a time that you hate to experience, not palatable with the flesh. A time it appears you don't know what you are doing.
Everybody in life is bound to pass thru hard time. But as xtians we have antidotes against hard times. Our lord Jesus enjoined us,says in the world you shall have tribulations, but , be of good cheers,
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye
shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Jacob experienced a very hard time when he lost Rachel, a wife of his youth,his first love and
confidant. He served Laban for 14 years just to have Rachel and he lost her at the childbirth,
what a painful experience?
Examples of Hard times:-
1.When we face diverse disappointments in life
2. During Sickness, diseases and infirmities e.g the Woman with the issue of blood.Matthew 9:20
And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him,
and touched the hem of his garment:
3. Passing through hard times economically e.g the widow of zarephath I kings 17:10 who was
4. Divorce or having constant problems with your partner
5. loss of Job
6. Automobile Accident or any other physical accident and paralysis. Illustration of of baby
Oyinkansola, HIV +Ve baby.
7. death of loved ones. Jacob lost Rachel his wife. Abraham lost his wife and friend, Sarah
8. Backmailing and unwaranted implications
9. Business downturn
10. Spiritual Attacks
11. etc, etc
The question is that which one are you passing through right now, it might not be even listed
here, but the Lord knows, and he will comfort you and grant you victory.
Effects of hard times or Symptoms of hard times
Hardtimes are times when our vision are blurred, we become frustrated
- Frustrations set in. We tend to see almost everybody as our enemies Gen 30:1, 2 - Rachel
blaming her husband, Jacob for her childlessness.
- Our vision are blurred, we can even see the way out of probblems. Hagai couldn't even see the
well of water by her side Gen 21: 14 - 18
- Our flesh is weak and sickly
- Sadness and unhappiness in a greater dimension Neh 2: 1 - 3
- Prayerlessness and powerlessness
- We blame others for our woes. The story of a divorce blaming her pastor for aggreing to wed
her and and her divorced husband.
- loss of appetite and loss of shapes
Causes of HardTimes
1. Our Negligience: When you fail to take action towards solving a probblem or achieving a task
at the right time. Everything in life has it'w own time. Your time will not pass you by Eccl 3:1
2. A trial of faith: xtianity is journey and our faith is being tested as we continue in the
journey. I peter 1:7
3.General situation in our locality, town, or nation eg war in somalia, Economic problem in
4. Sin. Sin no matter how small is punishable Prov. 23:13, Rom 6:13
5. Spiritual attacks Matt.13:25 Enemies sow tares
6. When you are due for promotion. Joseph in Potipar's place
7. When you are to take a step and you refused unknowingly to take it. You might be pushed
divinely for your glory. E.g The landlord might give you q quit notice shortly if you are due
for a hoem of your own. Bidemi's case.
Solution for Hardtimes
1. Identify the problem and search the scripture to know what the word of God says concerning
it. What the WORD says is superior to your condition, take note.
2. Tink less concerning it
3. Set time to pray. Prayer is communicating with your creator to fix solution to your hard
4. hope and have faith that your predicament is resolved. Faith is a unique attitude to walk
with God Heb. 11:6 See yourself as overcomer
5. Seek counseling. People perish without counseling. People that have passed through similar
things and they are people of God can counseling you, most importantly genuiely converted
xtians. Seek counsel from your ShepherdProv. 15:22 Prov. 11:14
Believe and act. And the Lord will see you through.