Summary: We continually seek after the Lord and feel that we are either just missing Him or not finding Him at all.
Take a Stand
HHM Nov. 17, 02 Pastor Jim Parisi
We continually seek after the Lord and feel that we are either not finding Him at all or just missing Him.
Sometimes He is standing there and we don’t even notice.
It is not Him who moves away from us… but it is us who tries to hide and run from Him hide in the dark place’s where we think he can not see us…
We can get consumed with the day to day things of life and forget He even exists.
I have no time for you Lord.. Today or was that yesterday I last spent time with you ????
We loose track
Instead of preparing a place for Him to dwell within our Hearts. We camp the Lord in a pup tent out in the backyard of our hearts…
Sometimes in the garage of our hearts because the accommodations are better there
Closes enough to see Him and know He is there….. but not close enough to let Him touch our lives.. this is our false security blanket
We all know how to rely on scriptures like Psalm 9: 9-10 when in trouble
Psalm 9 : 9-10 9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. 10 Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD , have never forsaken those who seek you.
We always know how to run to the Lord in times of calamity when we are hunting for Him
We can see in Isaiah 55 6-8. How we can we can seek the Lord even if we are in sin and compromise.
Isaiah 55:6 Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon. 8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord Even the wicked man who forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; He says … Let him return to the Lord…..
The Mercy of our God for His people is astounding to us … This is because His thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways His ways
Thank the Lord that I am not judged by my reason and understanding…
How do we call upon Him when and Keep Him near… How do we establish a better place within us for the Lord to occupy?
I have a few points how to keep Him close but first let’s look at why He can’t dwell with in us ….
Sometimes you have to clean out a place of all the old musty stuff cobwebs and junk first right…like in an attic …..
Before you, can make it a warm and homey place for someone to reside in. especially one you love
Why can’t God be found in our Hearts sometimes…
1. Because we turn our Hearts from him and will not hear His Voice… He will tell you to do something and we ignore it… Do this, Give that, and help this one here… We just turn Him off like a switch and wonder why we are failing to see souls saved in our land and in our families too
2. When we mock God… and refuse His dealings and correction… we even scorn and get angry at Him and then disaster comes.. Then we look up and say what happened… Bam… what was that for ???
3. We can become stubborn and proud… all puffed up… and can’t humble ourselves before our parents, overseers, leaders, bosses etc… let alone the Lord. How do we expect others to respect us if we don’t respect them first?
4. We don’t settle our matter with Him first and others in our Lives …then we wonder why hardship comes and blessing is held back
5. We are spiritually deteriorating from the sin in our lives.. we choose to wallow in it instead of releasing it and asking God to forgive us…
6. Sometimes we are so angry with the Lord we blaspheme the Holy Ghost…. totally separate ourselves from Him …….to the point we are slung at rocket speed back into the world………. where we once first came from…
This is Happening everyday to good Christians and the ENEMY is Laughing and cheering them on…..
Church… this Has to end now... the Christian community has to repent … turn from evil and seek the face Lord.. Now - Today Amen?
If not things will get worse.. But have no fear church.. Because we can start this revolution right here with us today..
We serve a God of Mercy and Forgiveness.. Remember vs 10 of Psalm 9