Summary: Often man misunderstands the nature of God.
Thank you Rev. Scott Phillips
Taking advantage of a Misunderstanding
1 Kings 20:1-30 KJV
The Enemies problem is he misunderstands the Nature of God.
Here in this setting they judged God to be a certain sort of God.
The heathens had gods of fertility, gods of harvest, gods of mountains, gods of wealth.
Single Sort of Dieities that had limited Domain and Power to a certain area.
The Lords Response to the misjudgement in this story was.
1Ki 20:28 And there came a man of God, and spake unto the king of Israel, and said, Thus saith the LORD, Because the Syrians have said, The LORD is God of the hills, but he is not God of the valleys, therefore will I deliver all this great multitude into thine hand, and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
God wanted Isreal to Know that he was not just a little g God. But he was the LORD of All.
He is the God of the Valley - He is the God of the Mountain.
He is the God of the Day - He is the God of the Night.
He is the God in Sickness He is the God of Health.
He is the Lord. Not just a little g God. But he is
He is the Lord of the Day and Night.
He is LORD of everything.
He is LORD everywhere.
He can do anything.
He knows everything.
The great thing about this God that we serve is that he loves us more than the Enemy Hates us.
The Miscalculations of the Enemy concerning the Power of God and the Devotion of his followers.
Job 1:1-11 KJV
The Enemy Found out he was wrong by Jobs Response.
Job 1:20-22 KJV
(20) Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,(21) And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.(22) In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.
Job 2:1-10 KJV
(1) Again there was a day
The Enemy Never Stops, even when he is wrong... he never stops.
(9) Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.
(10) But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.
The Enemy does not really understand - Heaven and its Hosts Marvel at the Relationship that is ours with God.
(7) But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
(8) Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
It is our Job to Teach Heaven and Hell a thing or Two about God. We teach them something about our response to trouble and victory.
The REal test is not is God the God of the Hills and Mountains... but are we a people of the Hills and the Mountains.
Can we handle what God can give and what the Devil will take?
Ephesians 3:7-21 KJV
(7) Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
(8) Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
(9) And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
(10) To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
(11) According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
(12) In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
(13) Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
(14) For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(15) Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
(16) That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
(17) That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,