Summary: Taking the Gospel everywhere is a mandate to the church. It is not a mandate to the pastors, or other vocational ministers, but to the church, the whole body of Christ.
TAKING THE GOSPEL EVERYWHERE
Text: Mark 16:15
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
Taking the Gospel everywhere is a mandate to the church. It is not a mandate to the pastors, or other vocational ministers, but to the church, the whole body of Christ. In our text, Jesus is speaking to the crowd that had gathered just prior to His ascension. His instructions, as recorded in Matthew 28:19, 20, were to "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you." One part of their duty was to instruct each new generation of Christian converts to continue preaching the gospel to every creature.
Illustration: I read recently about a local church that caught fire, and a painting of Jesus, which hung unnoticed, was endangered. Two men rushed into the church and rescued the painting. Many people came and watched as the church burnt. After the fire was put out people began to gather around the picture and admire it. The leaders of the church were amazed that so many people were interested in the picture that had hung so long unnoticed. One replied, “When the church caught fire and moved Christ into the street, people become interested.”
This is our duty! To take the message of Christ into the “highways and by-ways. As a believer we are required to be involved in building up the kingdom of God. As we endeavor to take the gospel everywhere, we should follow some basic principles taught in the Scripture.
Transition: In Taking the Gospel everywhere we should...”
I. PRAY FOR WORKERS
"Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest." (Luke 10:2)
A. In the CHURCH
1. Pray for new workers who are committed!
2. Pray for the existing workers! God would give an anointing, strength, and vision.
3. Pray for spirit-filled workers.
B. In the HARVEST
1. Pray for those involved in the harvest.
2. Pray that God would send workers into the harvest, not substitutes but helpers.
C. Will you pray for workers?
Transition: In Taking the Gospel everywhere we should pray for workers and...”
II. PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL
"And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ."
A. In the CHURCH
1. Pastors - Prayer support to teach and preach Jesus Christ. Show forth the Light. 2. Teachers - Proclaim the truth of God’s Word. Teach with a passion.
3. Department Leaders. - The truth is a priority.
B. In the COMMUNITY - As personal evangelist, and community outreach.
C. In the WORLD - Global Outreach, missions.
D. Will you be involved in proclaiming the Gospel?
Transition: In Taking the Gospel everywhere we should pray for workers, proclaim the gospel, and...”
III. PROTECT THE GOSPEL
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world." (1 John 4:1)
A. Against False Doctrine.
1. False Doctrine denies the deity of Christ.
2. False Doctrine is deceptive.
3. False Doctrine brings destruction.
4. Being full of the Holy Spirit protects you from being deceived by false doctrine.
5. Knowing the Word of God protects you from being deceived by false doctrine.
B. Against Apathy
1. “Having a lack of interest, being indifferent.”
2. People often become “dull of hearing.”
3. This is the work of Satan.
4. The Gospel must stay fresh in our Spirit.
5. Sin leads to apathy.
6. Apathy kills a church.
7. Illustration: Some clues that a church is living, vital and active are: Live curches have many people who bring their Bibles and use them; dead churches do not. Live churches are filled with praise and sounds of joy and thanksgiving; dead churches are apathetic and lifeless. --Roy B. Zuck, The Speaker’s Quote Book, (Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel Publications, 1997)
C. Will you commit to the study of the Word and being full of the Holy Spirit? Will you protect the gospel?
Transition: In Taking the Gospel everywhere we should pray for workers, proclaim the gospel, protect the gospel, and...”
IV. PERSONIFY THE GOSPEL
"...walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;" (Colossians 1:10)
"...walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory." (1 Thessalonians 2:12)
A. With POWER
1. “You shall receive power after the Holy Ghost has come upon you...” (Acts 2:4)
2. “ Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us” (Eph. 3:20)