Summary: Each one of us are divinely crafted and intricately interwoven together. God made you to be you, just the way you are.
" The 3 T’s - Time, Treasure, and Talent" series
part 3 of 3
Text: 1Peter 4:7-11; Mt. 25:14-30 & Selected
Cross Creek Community Church
Pastor Dave Martin - Feb. 25, 2001
God’s Word is Powerful, Relevant, and Life Changing!
1 Peter 4:7-11 (quickview)  The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. 8Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. 11If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
We will WORSHIP and SERVE our Lord for all eternity in Heaven! Today, while you have life itself, be faithful using your 3T’s - your Time, your Treasures, & your Talents. Today we are going to look at using your talents, spiritual gifts, your abilities the Lord has given to you. Each one of us are divinely crafted and intricately interwoven together. God made you to be you, just the way you are. God has never made junk, He hand crafted your life together and made you for a purpose. There is no chance with God, he doesn’t make mistakes. He crafted you with certain abilities we call talent, and as Christians he has given us certain Spiritual Gifts to be used serving Him.
Understanding Our Spiritual Gifts or Talents...
"Spiritual gifts" - Abilities, talents, responsibilities God gives believers to serve Him and others.
1. Spiritual gifts are GIVEN by God.
V10 "...use whatever gift he has received..."
* Each believer receives at least one spiritual gift. Each person is given a different portion.
* There is a crossover when we look at Spiritual gifts and our natural abilities. Both are given to us.
* Spiritual gifts are given according to our abilities (Mt. 25:15), what we are able to handle.
* The reason they are given is to fulfill God’s purpose on earth. God uses people - ordinary people.
* Jesus didn’t call college graduates or, God called and gifted fishermen, tax collectors, etc
2. Use to SERVE one another.
V10 "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others.."
* "Serve" - "dia-ko-neo", to minister, to be an attendant, to wait upon, deacon.
* The purpose is to build up the believers, the body, the church of Jesus Christ.
* The responsibility of this ministry is given to us, it is placed within our hands to serve.
* Gifts are not to be used for our own exclusive enjoyment, prestige or power, but for one another.