Summary: One of the wonders of the Christmas story is that the Triune God gave the honor of being the mother to the Savior of the world to an unmarried teen-aged girl.
The created would carry in her womb the Creator, her maker, who was to grow within her and be raised by her, nurtured by her, taught by her, and loved by her (Luke 1:30-38).
Here are ten thought-provoking facts to consider.
2. “All have sinned,” including Mary, who acknowledged she needed a Savior (Rom 3:23-24, 5:19; Luke 1:46-47).
3. The sin nature was inherited from both Adam and Eve, who, because of their free will, chose to sin, and is now passed down to all human beings (including Mary) through their DNA, and ultimately results in their decay and death (Gen 2:15-18).
3: A baby has 23 chromosomes from the biological father and 23 from the biological mother. The male ‘Y’ chromosome comes from the father’s seed. God, the Father, is Spirit and not flesh (John 4:24).
4. The first Adam (human) was made (formed) in the image of God (i.e., Jesus) (Gen 1:26).
5. Jesus is the second Adam, who is God, the Son, and willingly chose to become human by being placed as a zygote into the womb of a human woman, and as the Triune God, was fully formed as a human being (1 Cor 15:45-49).
6. Jesus, the second Adam, was not of this world (John 8:23). The first Adam was from the dust of the earth (Gen 3:19).
8. Jesus has always existed and came to earth 100% fully God with all of His divine attributes, and became 100% fully man, and was not a half-human, half-divine demi-God (John 1:1-18; Phil 2:5-8).
10. Mary remains the virgin who willingly chose to carry her Creator in her womb, and for that, she will always be highly favored and blessed by the grace of God when she became the first surrogate mother. However, she was not the biological ‘mother of God’ nor did she provide 23 corrupted chromosomes of her fallen DNA. The Word (Jesus) didn’t mix with fallen humans but became human flesh and dwelt among men (John 1:14).
It was not until 1978 that the first Test-Tube baby was born after Scientists placed a zygote in the womb of a surrogate human mother. In 5,000 years of human history, the possibility of that had been incomprehensible.
No matter what you choose to believe, the profound truth is that because God, the Son, is love, He willingly decided to leave the comfort and glory of heaven and become human flesh, to dwell side by side with every person and get caught up with the garbage - and the sweat and blood - and the tears and the pain - of this world as He walked among us to prove and demonstrate concretely through the incarnation His love and care for all humanity.
Jesus loves every person so much that He was willing to give Himself so that they could have life everlasting - starting today! This is the God a person can entrust their heart!