Summary: God is SO good! He gives us blessings that are both physical and spiritual. For all His blessings we should be most thankful.
Thanks be Unto God
We praise (Heb. 13:15-16), preach (Rom. 8:28) and prayer (1 Tim. 2:1) about God’s great giving and goodness. He is the giver of every good and perfect gift (Jam. 1:17). For all His goodness we are eternally thankful! What are some of the great blessings and benefits given to us by God for which we should always be thankful?
1. Thank God for His goodness (Rom. 2:4). God’s goodness is indented to cause man to repent. Oh how good God has been to us when we had no goodness demanding His mercy. Cf. 2 Cor. 7:9-11; Acts 17:30-31; 2 Pet. 3:9.
2. Thank God for His love (John 3:16). John 3:16 has long been celebrated as a powerful and succinct declaration of the gospel. Of the 31,373 verses in the Bible, it may be the most popular single verse used in evangelism.
3. Thank God for His gift (2 Cor. 9:15). If we really understand and appreciate the “indescribable gift” God has given us, our lives will be saturated with gratitude; we will praise and proclaim His excellences (1 Pet. 2:9-10).
4. Thank God for His blessings (Eph. 1:3). Paul called for a blessing upon the Father (in the sense of recognizing His glory, honor and goodness), because the Father has already blessed the Christian with every spiritual blessing. For physical and spiritual blessings, Christians should be thankful.
5. Thank God for His grace & mercy (Titus 2:11-12). The ancient Greek word for teaching has in mind what a parent does for a child. It speaks of the entire training process: teaching, encouragement, correction, and discipline. Grace is a teacher in this sense and a powerful teacher it is.
6. Thank God for His promises (2 Peter 1:4). God’s promises are both exceedingly great (in the sense of being large and imposing), and they are precious, in the sense of being valuable. We might break a promise, but not God!
7. Thank God for His word (2 Tim. 3:16). With great spiritual power beyond our intellect…
The Bible gives us eternal life (1 Peter 1:23).
The Bible spiritually cleanses us (Ephesians 5:26).
The Bible gives us power against demonic powers (Ephesians 6:17).
The Bible brings us spiritual strength (Psalm 119:28).
The Bible builds faith in us (Rom. 10:17).
CONCLUSION: Praise God from whom all blessings flow!