Summary: As believers, thanksgiving should not be a once a year event, or for that matter even a once a week event, but should be a continual state of mind, The first thing we do in the morning, and the last thing we do at night
Thanksgiving, a matter of the Heart
4. Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
5. Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
6. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
7. and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthymeditate on these things.
9. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
Thanksgiving is much more than a holiday celebration; it is a state of mind, a condition of the heart.
It is more than a celebration of food; it is the celebration of faith!
The accuser doesnt want you to have a celebration of faith, any joy, or a happy heart,
The only thing he wants your heart under, is attack, stress and worry,
Dont believe me? Have you seen the news lately?
We are inundated by his design with the strife and stress he inflicts on the world,
he tries to fill our lives with worry,
did you know that the English word for worry comes from an old Anglo-Saxon word which means to strangle.
Thats a pretty good description of what it does to a person, what is does is take a stranglehold, on our peace of mind. It would like nothing better than to compłetely choke it off.
Thats why TBS. to trust the Lord, Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
And TBS. that God, when you put your trust in Him, never stops doing just that!
Psalms 121:1-8, MSG.
1-2. I look up to the mountains;
does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from God,
who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.
3-4. He wont let you stumble,
your Guardian God wont fall asleep.
Not on your life! Israels
Guardian will never doze or sleep.
5-6. Gods your Guardian,
right at your side to protect you
Shielding you from sunstroke,
sheltering you from moon stroke.
7-8. God guards you from every evil,
he guards your very life.
He guards you when you leave and when you return,
he guards you now, he guards you always.
Praise God for His everlasting faithfulness, Amen!
Here are some things to be thankful for if your finding it hard to find things to be thankful for today;
*That there arent twice as many politicians as there are doctors.
*That the leaves are almost done, both falling and blowing, to and from your neighbors yard.
*That snow will cover unraked leaves.
*That sooner or later, everything you own, will eventually come back in style.