Summary: Good outlinge for Thankgiving sermon.- Thanksgiving for Jesus! - Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;. All Our Thanksgiving should be offered through Jesus Name to our heavenly Father
- Thanksgiving for Jesus!
- Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. - Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
I. All Our Thanksgiving should be offered through Jesus Name to our heavenly Father..
- Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to
be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.
A. Jesus is our lawyer in heaven.
- 1Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
II. Thanksgiving actions of Praise and Thanks.
- (Psa 100:4 KJV) Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
This Thanksgiving we should remember to thank God for His who He is and His love to us and what He has done for us.
2. For creating mankind -- Psalm 139:13-16
3. For deliverance and salvation - Ex 15; Ps 18:49; 30:4, 12; 86:12-13; 118:21; Isa 12:1, 4; 25:1; Col 1:12
5. We Should Thank God For All Of His Gracious Provisions Ps104.
6. We Should Thank God For His Grace And Mercy, And For Withholding The Punishment Which We Deserve – Ps 103:6-12.
7. We Should Thank God For The Blessings And Joys Of Fellowship With Him. Ps 73; James 1:1-2
8. We Should Thank God For His Revelations Through Creation & His Word -- Ps 19; 119.
9. We Should Thank God For His Wondrous Work In The Lives Of Others -- Ps 107; 109:30-31; 1 Thess 1;2; 2 Thess 1:3; Eph 1:16; Col 1:3
10. We Should Thank God For His Future Work, Based On His Purposes & Promises -- Ps 79; 92; 2 Chron 20:1 -- 31:2
2. To the Unsaved: Show your Thanksgiving to God by giving your life to Him. John 1:12 (KJV) 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
To the Believer: Show your Thanksgiving with life change. Romans 12:1 (KJV) 12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.