Summary: This is the 10th sermon in the series "David’s Lamp".
Series: David¡¦s Lamp (Kings Of Judah) #10
1. Parents, how many times this week have you said to your wayward children, ¡§That¡¦s enough¡¨? What do these two words really mean? I¡¦m tired of your fighting, your disobedience, and your overall bad attitude. At my house these two words are generally followed up with punishment.
2. This is the case in our text. After Josiah died, the Kingdom of Judah followed after other gods and became God¡¦s enemy.
Quickly look with me at the last 4 kings of Judah.
„» Jehoahaz: 2 Chronicles 36:2-4
„» Jehoiakim: 2 Chronicles 36:5-8
„» Jehoiachin: 2 Chronicles 36:9-10
„» Zedekiah: 2 Chronicles 36:11-14
3. As we will see this morning, God had enough. I want us to see and realize this morning that as this world seems to live more and more like they did before the great flood that God will one day say, ¡§That is it! Time is up¡¨!
1. God sent prophets to preach warning and repentance.
2. God blessed the Kingdom of Judah every time they would repent.
3. It grieved God to watch His people continually rebel.
1. Today is no different. God has sent preachers, teachers, and evangelist to proclaim the need for Christ and repentance.
2. God has blessed us time and time again when we are repentant, although it never seems to last.
3. It hurts God to watch His children and His creation continually rebel. For now God is holding back His great wrath. Why? He is waiting for that last soul to be saved.
1. God said, ¡§That¡¦s it¡¨!
2. The people lost their freedom.
3. There very symbol of God¡¦s presence, the Temple, was destroyed.
1. There will be a day when no one knows that God will send Jesus to bring His children home. There will then be a peace treaty made between the Antichrist and Israel; which will begin 7 years of Tribulation. God¡¦s wrath will be poured out upon this earth.
2. After the Tribulation, Christ will be victorious at the Battle of Armageddon and will reign as King for 1000 years. During this time, Satan will be bound; but after the Millennial reign, Satan will be loosed for one last time. Christ will be victorious and Satan and any who followed him, (which is any that did not receive Christ as Savior), will be cast into the Lake of Fire.
3. God will destroy the first Heaven and the first earth.
1. As God had promised David many years before, ¡§Your house and your Kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever¡¨ (2 Samuel 7:16).
2. Although God severely punished the Kingdom of Judah, He never stopped loving them.
3. He once again was going to show His presence to the people.
1. God has made a promise to us also. ¡§For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life¡¨ (John 3:16).
2. God will destroy this world as we know it, but He will never stop loving us.
3. God will place His children with Him for all eternity.
1. Are you here today having never repented of your sins and confessed Jesus as your Savior and Lord. If not, don¡¦t wait until time is up.
2. Christians, we must get serious. Time is short.
3. When should we get started? NOW!