Summary: Jesus could return any moment. What does the Bible say will take place during the end times?
5 MAJOR TIME PERIODS CONCERNING THE END TIMES
I. FIRST TIME PERIOD
SIGNS TO THE END OF THE AGE OF GRACE -- MARK 13:1-13
(Today we live in the age of Grace. God is offering forgiveness through the blood of Christ to anyone who will receive it. This time period will end. The following events will take place before Christ returns)
(a) SPIRITUAL DECEPTION & FALSE MESSIAH’S Mark 13:6
(b) WARS, RUMORS OF WARS, INTERNATIONAL DISTURBANCES
(c) NATURAL DISASTERS Mark 13:8b
(d) CHRISTIANS PERSECUTED BY CIVIL AND RELIGIOUS AUTHORITY Mark 13:9,11
(e) WORLD WIDE EVANGELISM Mark 13:10
(f) DIVIDED FAMILIES Mark 13:12
(g) A FIRM STAND BY BELIEVERS Mark 13:13
(NOTHING IS STOPPING CHRIST FROM RETURNING. HE COULD RETURN ANY MOMENT. ALL OF THE ABOVE THINGS ARE HAPPENING OR HAVE HAPPENED.)
II. THE SECOND TIME PERIOD
THE END OF THE CHURCH AGE
THE FIRST RETURN OF CHRIST - FOR HIS CHURCH
(a) THE AGE OF THE CHURCH COMES TO AN END -(REV. CH2-3)
Each of the letters to the churches in Rev. 2-3 represents a period in the history of the church.
1. Ephesus (Rev.2:1-7) - The church period that the Apostles started. Time perid from 30-100AD.
2. Smyrna (Rev.2:8-11) - The persecuted church period. This represents the time period that Rome greatly persecuted the church and practically forced it underground. Time period from 100-312AD.
3. Pergamum (Rev. 2:12-17) - The indulged church period. Constantine became the new Emperor of Rome and allowed the Christians to meet in pagan places of worship. The church wasn’t underground anymore, but now it had become perverted. ie. prayers for the dead, worship of Mary, doctrine of purgatory. 312-606AD
4. Thyatira - (Rev. 2:18-29) - The dark age period of the church. Thyatira represents the current Catholic church. 606 - Current
5. Sardis - (Rev. 3:1-6) The dead church period. This period is from 1520AD - Current. The dead church has no spirit about it. Making little or no difference in the world.
6. Philadelphia - (Rev. 3:7-13) The missionary church period. This church period was from 1750 - current. This church is busy about God’s work of salvation and doing the mission work of the church.
7. Laodicea - (Rev. 3:14-21) The apostate church period. This church period is from 1900 - current.
This church represents perversion. Gay churches, feminist movement ect.
(B) THE DOOR IS OPENED (Revelation 4:1)
CHRIST RETURNS FOR HIS CHURCH
1. THE DEAD IN CHRIST WILL RISE
THOSE WHO ARE ALIVE WILL BE CALLED INTO THE AIR
2. CHRIST WILL NOT SET FOOT ON THE EARTH UPON THIS RETURN. HE IS SIMPLY REMOVING THE CHURCH SO THAT GOD’S WRATH CAN BEGIN UPON THE EARTH.
3. THE RIGHTEOUS ARE JUDGED ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS
4. THE GREAT WEDDING FEAST - THE GROOM (CHRIST) AND HIS BRIDE (THE CHURCH) // (REVELATION 19:6-10)
(c) THE ABOMINATION THAT CAUSES DESOLATION Mark 13:14
(2 Thessalonians 2:1-4)THIS EVENT IS WHEN THE ANTICHRIST WILL STAND IN THE TEMPLE AND PROCLAIM TO BE GOD AND DECIEVE MANY.
1. THE CHURCH IS HOLDING THIS BACK - Therefore the church will not be present during the Tribulation
(d) NO ONE KNOW THE HOUR OR THE DAY OF THIS FIRST RETURN, NOT EVEN JESUS (MARK 13:32-33)
III. THE THIRD TIME PERIOD -
THE GREAT TRIBULATION BEGINS MARK 13:15-25 (Revelation goes into great detail of this time)
(a) THE SEVEN SEALS (Revelation 6,8:1)
(These are events that will take place during the first 3 1/2 years of the tribulation period.)
Seal 1 Rev. 6:1-2 The Rider On The White Horse - (conqueror bent on conquest) - Antichrist - abomination of desolation
Seal 2 Rev 6:3-4 The Rider Of The Red Horse - (given power to take peace from the earth) - WORLD WAR
Seal 3 Rev. 6:5-6 The Rider Of The Black Horse - (wages, barley) - GREAT FAMINE
Seal 4 Rev. 6:7-8 The Rider Of The Pale Horse - SEAL OF DEATH -- 1/4 WORLD WILL DIE (war, plague, beasts)
Seal 5 Rev. 6:9-11 Tribulation Saints Martyred - (Beginning of Tribulation, great harvest) -- SAINTS KILLED
Seal 6 6:12 The Great Earthquake , The Sun Black, The Moon Red ect - WRATH OF GOD AFTER MARTYRDOM
Seal 7 Rev. 8:1 Silence In Heaven - FIXING TO GET WORSE
(b) THE SEVEN TRUMPETS (Revelation 8-9,11)
(These events will also take place in the first 3 1/2 years of the tribulation period.)
Trumpet 1 Rev. 8:7 Hail & Fire Mixed With Blood
Trumpet 2 Rev. 8:8-9 A Meteorite Falls Into The Sea 1/3 Creatures Die 1/3 All Ships Destroyed
Trumpet 3 Rev. 8:10-11 Another Metorite Hits Just the Right Spot To Pollute 1/3 of All Rivers
Trumpet 4 Rev. 8:12 Allumiating Bodies Of Heaven Damaged, Falling (8 hours of Day, 16 hours of Night)