Summary: Jesus could return any moment. What does the Bible say will take place during the end times?
5 MAJOR TIME PERIODS CONCERNING THE END TIMES
I. FIRST TIME PERIOD
(Today we live in the age of Grace. God is offering forgiveness through the blood of Christ to anyone who will receive it. This time period will end. The following events will take place before Christ returns)
(b) WARS, RUMORS OF WARS, INTERNATIONAL DISTURBANCES
(NOTHING IS STOPPING CHRIST FROM RETURNING. HE COULD RETURN ANY MOMENT. ALL OF THE ABOVE THINGS ARE HAPPENING OR HAVE HAPPENED.)
II. THE SECOND TIME PERIOD
THE END OF THE CHURCH AGE
THE FIRST RETURN OF CHRIST - FOR HIS CHURCH
(a) THE AGE OF THE CHURCH COMES TO AN END -(REV. CH2-3)
Each of the letters to the churches in Rev. 2-3 represents a period in the history of the church.
1. Ephesus (Rev.2:1-7) - The church period that the Apostles started. Time perid from 30-100AD.
2. Smyrna (Rev.2:8-11) - The persecuted church period. This represents the time period that Rome greatly persecuted the church and practically forced it underground. Time period from 100-312AD.
3. Pergamum (Rev. 2:12-17) - The indulged church period. Constantine became the new Emperor of Rome and allowed the Christians to meet in pagan places of worship. The church wasn’t underground anymore, but now it had become perverted. ie. prayers for the dead, worship of Mary, doctrine of purgatory. 312-606AD
4. Thyatira - (Rev. 2:18-29) - The dark age period of the church. Thyatira represents the current Catholic church. 606 - Current
5. Sardis - (Rev. 3:1-6) The dead church period. This period is from 1520AD - Current. The dead church has no spirit about it. Making little or no difference in the world.
6. Philadelphia - (Rev. 3:7-13) The missionary church period. This church period was from 1750 - current. This church is busy about God’s work of salvation and doing the mission work of the church.
7. Laodicea - (Rev. 3:14-21) The apostate church period. This church period is from 1900 - current.
This church represents perversion. Gay churches, feminist movement ect.
CHRIST RETURNS FOR HIS CHURCH
1. THE DEAD IN CHRIST WILL RISE
THOSE WHO ARE ALIVE WILL BE CALLED INTO THE AIR
2. CHRIST WILL NOT SET FOOT ON THE EARTH UPON THIS RETURN. HE IS SIMPLY REMOVING THE CHURCH SO THAT GOD’S WRATH CAN BEGIN UPON THE EARTH.
3. THE RIGHTEOUS ARE JUDGED ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS