Summary: Here is a sermon that encourages us to watch out for the 5 warning signs.
The 5 Warning Signs
First of all we see that Peter had a desire to serve God with all of his heart.
He told Jesus I will serve you even if no one else does. He said even if I have to die with you I will not disown you.
That shows me that Peter deep down in his heart wanted to be and do all that God wanted him to do.
He had the desire to serve God..
I believe that is what we have in the house today are young people who want to be all that God wants you to be. I believe we have young people who want to do all that God has called you to do.
When Peter says he will never disown Jesus and that he is willing to die for him, it reminds me of young people here today.
It reminds me of how young people testify in the G.A.N.G. (God's Anointed Now Generation)
You've heard them right -
- I just wanna let you know that I am souled out for Jesus. I am willing to do whatever God wants me to do.
- I will die for the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Where ever there is a need send me I'll go
- I am a G.A.N.G. girl who is down to do whatever God wants me to do. I ain't holding back on God.
- I am a G.A.N.G. warrior who is down to do whatever God wants me to do. I am souled out for Jesus to the fullest.
So I think just like Peter had a desire to serve God and do what God had called him to do. I believe the G.A.N.G. also has a desire to do what God has called us to do and be all that God has called us to be. Can I get an amen.
Even here at this retreat - some of you may have came up here undecided if you wanted to give God your all, but somewhere along the retreat God touched you and now you a deep desire to be all that God has called you to be.
- Maybe you came here unsaved and you are going to leave saved.
- Maybe you came up luke warm, but now you are going to leave on fire.
- Maybe you came up to the retreat playing games with God, but now you want to take the things of God serious.
- Maybe you came up just going through the Christian motions, but you are going to leave serving God with all your heart.
Some of us are going to leave this retreat with a fresh fire and a fresh desire to be all that God has called us to be.
So I don't think that it is the desire we need to serve God here on the mountain top, but I think the challenge is going to be what are we going to do with that desire after we come down from the mountain top.
- Are we going to keep the fire -
- Are we going to stay on the cutting edge -
- Are we going to continue to give God our all -
- Are we going to be all that God has called us to be.
See Peter wanted to serve God and be radical, but he ended up denying Jesus 3 times after he said he wouldn't.
Tonight I would like to give you 5 warning to signs to avoid if you and I want to keep the fire for God.
See Peter didn't deny God overnight, it was a process.
Somebody say process.
There where warning signs in the life of Peter before he denied Jesus.
I want us to look at these so when you and I go back down the mountain we know what to look out for and avoid so we can keep our fire.
How many want to keep the fire when you head back to your city?
Because how many know it is easy to serve God and get radical in the midst of all kinds of Christians.
Hello!!! Come on somebody.
The challenge is going to be what are we going to do with the fire and desire that we got here on the mountain top - when we get back home...
ok here are the 5 warning signs to look out for.
1. Lack of Prayer - Matthew 26:38-43
The first warning sign that we need to look out for is the lack of prayer.
Jesus told the disciples sit here and keep watch, but he came back and found them sleeping..
He went away a second time came back and again He found them sleeping.
Peter - the one who said he would never deny Jesus was found sleeping when you should have been praying.