Summary: A post Easter message.
THE AFTERMATH OF THE RESURRECTION
INTRO: Last Sunday was Easter, and we saw how Christ was crucified, then, three days later, how He arose from the grave. Today, we want to look at the Aftermath of this crucifixion and resurrection.
I. PROOF OF THE RESURRECTION.
A. Many people don’t believe Christ arose from the grave. The
truth of His resurrection is evidenced in v. 3.
B. He showed himself alive to His apostles. Being alive, He showed
1. They were honest men. Their testimony was believed.
2. Their proofs were infallible.
a. He walked with them.
b. He ate with them.
c. He showed them His scars.
3. There were many proofs.
a. He was with them for forty days.
b. To be sure they were fully satisfied.
c. All of their sorrow was cast away.
II. CHRIST’S PURPOSE FOR THEM.
A. He instructed them concerning the work they were to do.
1. He gave commandments to the chosen ones.
2. Christ’s choice is always attended with His charge (He charges
3. He was not taken up until He had given them His charge.
B. He instructed them concerning the doctrine they were to preach.
1. The coming of the Kingdom of God.
2. To prepare them to receive the Holy Spirit.
3. To be one of the proofs of the resurrection.