Summary: Jesus is the Altogether Lovely one
SONG OF SOLOMON 5:16 "THE ALTOGETHER LOVELY ONE"
* Note v.10 - Jesus Christ is the Chiefest of ten thousand! * No one else can compare! * No equal.
* Among men ... Conceived of the Holy Ghost, born of a virgin, an earthly mother and a heavenly
Father! * Among other Gods ... Jesus resurrected!
A) Among friends ... Jesus is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother! * Jesus gave His all!
* He left the beauty of heaven and came to earth! * He wore a crown of thorns so we could wear
a crown of life! * He walked up Calvary’s road so we could walk on streets of gold!
B) He was crucified on a cross and died so that we might live!
* He was treated unjustly so we could be justified! * He went to hell so we could go to heaven!
C) No comparison! * When you see great men of the Bible you see their strength & weaknesses!
* But when you see Jesus ... all strength! * No weaknesses in the Son of God!
* "I find no fault in Him!" * When you look at Jesus you see the Altogether Lovely One!
* When you look at Jesus you see the chiefest of ten thousand!
D) Before Calvary, during Calvary, after Calvary, He is the Altogether Lovely One!
* When you look at us we have a good side and a bad side!
* But no matter how you look at Jesus, He is beautiful from all sides! (His scars)
E) In every book of the Bible, Jesus is! * In Gen.- Seed of a woman, Exo.- The Passover Lamb,
* Lev.- Our High Priest, * Num.- The Brazen Serpent, * Deut.- Our Prophet like unto Moses,
* Josh.- Captain of our Salvation, * Judges - our Judge and Lawgiver,
F) Ruth - Kinsman Redeemer, * I & II Sam.- Our Trusted Prophet,
* Kings & Chron.- He is our Reigning King, * Ezra & Neh.- The Rebuilder of broken down walls,
* Esther - Our Mordecai, * Job - Our Ever Living Redeemer, * Ps.- He is our Shepherd,
G) Prov. & Ecc.- Our Wisdom, * Sg. of Sol.- Altogether Lovely, Chiefest of Ten Thousand,
* Isa.- Wonderful, Counselor, Almighty God, Prince of Peace, * Jer.- Righteous Branch,
* Lam.- The Weeping Prophet, * Eze.- The Four Faced Man, * Dan.- 4th Man in the fire,
H) Hos.- The Lover of the backslider, * Joel - Baptizer with the Holy Ghost and fire,
* Amos - Burden Bearer, * Obadiah - Mighty to save, * Jonah - Our Great Foreign Missionary,
* Micah - The Baby in the manger, * Nahum - Avenger of God’s elect,
I) Hab.- God’s Evangelist, * Zeph.- Our Savior, * Hag.- Our Restorer,
* Zech.- Our Fountain opened to the house of David, * Mal.- The Sun of Righteousness rising
with healing in His wings, * Matt.- The Messiah, * Mk.- The Suffering Servant,
* Lk.- The Son of Man, * Jn.- The Son of God, * Acts - The Holy Ghost,
J) Rom.- Our Justifier, * I & II Cor.- Our Sanctifier, * Gal.- Our freedom from the curse of - law,
* Eph.- Our Unsearchable Riches, * Philippians - The God Who supplies all our needs,
* Col.- He is the Fullness of the Godhead, * I & II Thes.- Our soon coming King,
K) I & II Tim.- Our Mediator between God and man, * Titus - Our Faithful Pastor,
* Philemon - A Friend that sticketh closer than a brother, * Heb.- The Blood of the Everlasting