Summary: God has given every believer in Christ the anointing when He got them filled with the Holy Spirit. The anointing is meant for great exploits in the Kingdom of God, however, we must avoid actions and attitude that can destroy the anointing.
THE ANOINTING FOR DIVINE CONSOLIDATION
Study Text: Luke 4:18-19
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, (19) To preach the acceptable year of the Lord."
- The anointing today comes through the person of the Holy Spirit.
- So, if you want to experience divine consolidation in your life, you need to release yourself for a healthy fellowship with the Holy Spirit because He is the originator of the anointing.
- The anointing is in the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit dwells in our spirit, so we all have the anointing within us already. 1 John 2: 20,27
- The anointing is not for a selected few. As long as we have the Holy Spirit, then we have the anointing.
- We shall discuss this topic under 3 sub-headings.
1. Describing The Anoiting
2. Divine Consolidation by The Anoiting
3. Destroying The Anoiting
1. Describing The Anoiting
- This anointing is God’s ability to fulfill the purpose that He has ordained or called each one of us into.
- There is a purpose for every church and for every Christian. God does not create or call people for the fun of it. But God has a purpose for everyone.
- It is possible that some people have not discovered the purpose or the calling of God in their lives. However, that does not mean that God did not have a purpose for such people.
- The anointing is the grace that God made available unto us in order to be able to achieve that purpose and that calling that He has called us into. Acts 10: 38
- This anointing is by the grace of God. It is not something that we can earn or buy. It is totally a gift of God. Acts 8: 18 – 22.
- The Converted Magician attempted to buy the anointing, but his action was greatly condomned by the apostle.
- The anointing is the hand of God upon a natural man that will make him to do supernatural things. In 1Sam 17:34-37.
- David was able to kill the lion and the bear because the anointing of God was upon him.
2. Divine Consolidation by The Anoiting:
- The anointing will enable a man to do so many things he could not do or make it easier for him to do. It will bring about divine consolidation in our lives by enabling us :
ii. To be able to pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. . . "
- Rom. 8:39 "and Ephesians 6:18.
iii. To Live a righteous life and please God in all our convesations - Romans 8:4
iv. To be strengthened with power in your inner being - Ephesians 3:16, and to be led by God
- Romans 8:9 .
- It is this anointing that opens your mind, teaches you, guides you, calls you to pray, empowers you, and enables you to be stronger Christians, more powerful Christians. Not just people who are saved, but people who are saved, indwelt, and empowered.