Summary: How our words speak to others around us and to ourselves.
The Attitude of Spoken Words
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
1. Any Man who controls His mouth is literally Protecting His own Life.
3 He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction. Prov 13:3 (KJV)
2. Right Advice Can Guarantee Safety and Protection.
14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety. Prov 11:14 (KJV)
3. What right and wrong Words can do!
1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Prov 15:1 (KJV)
4. Your Words reveal whether You are Wise or a Fool.
2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness. Prov 15:2 (KJV)
5. The Purpose of Your Words is to Increase Those around You.
7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so. Prov 15:7 (KJV)
6. Our Attitudes of Happy and Sad are influenced by our Words.
23 A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it! Prov 15:23 (KJV)
7. We Fail sometimes because of our Wrong use of Words.
6 A fool’s lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.
7 A fool’s mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
Prov 18:6-7 (KJV)
8. Our Tongue is the major cause of our Troubles.
23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles. Prov 21:23 (KJV)
9. Wrong Words destroy People and Friendships.
8 The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly. Prov 18:8 (KJV)
10. Be careful of the Words You allow to be spoken to You.
20 Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.
21 There are many devices in a man’s heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.
Prov 19:20-21 (KJV)