Summary: speaking the Word of God over our situations can do 2 things The Word is like a hammer it can drive the message home (Positive Results) or or the hammer can break down obstacles (walls) (or overcome negatives) There is awesome power in the Word of God
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
•• God’s Word is full of power; it will not return to Him empty.
• God’s Word will accomplish His desires and purposes.
• God’s Word has irresistible power!
• When you speak the Word of God, you are tapping into limitless power!
Jeremiah 23:28-29 Let the one who has my word speak it faithfully ...  “Is not my word like fire,” declares the LORD, “and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?”
•• Think of God’s Word as a hammer. Picture it.
• This hammer can drive home a nail = positive results.
• This hammer can break down obstacles = overcoming negatives.
•• “SPEAK [God’s Word] faithfully” and (1) all kinds of positive things will begin to happen, and (2) all kinds of obstacles and opposition will begin to be broken.
• Three times Jesus spoke to Satan: “It is WRITTEN!”, and Satan’s schemes were defeated. There is great power in the spoken word of God.
John 11:43-44a When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!”  The dead man came out...
•• In Genesis “God said, ‘Let there be...’ ” and light; sun, moon, and stars; animals, birds, and fish; and more came into being from God’s spoken word.
•• Speak out God’s Word to your "Lazarus":
• “Devil, come out, because you are overcome by the blood of the Lamb.”
• “Cancer, leave this body, because by the wounds of Jesus this child of God was healed.”
• “Finances, come into line, because my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory.”
John 8:51 I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death.
•• Talk about incredible power in the word of God!
• Keep His Word, and you will “never see death.”
• Not just “know” His Word, but “KEEP” it.
• That word says, “I will raise him up.”
• That word says, “Whosoever lives and believes in me will never die.”
• That word says we shall reign with Him forever.
John 8:31-32, KJV Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
•• His Word will set you FREE!
• “Drugs/alcohol, I don’t need you, because the Son of God has set me free!”
• That addictive behavior — “You have no more control over me, because Jesus has set me free.”
• An uncontrollable habit? — “I am more than a conqueror through Him that loved me.”
John 17:17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
•• The Word of God in our hearts is a powerful antidote to sin.
• Temptation comes through the eyes? — “I made a covenant with my eyes.”
• Temptation to pride? — “God exalts the humble.”
• Temptation to the flesh? — “God will with the temptation make a way of escape.”
• Temptation to dishonesty? — Psalm 51:6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts.
Acts 10:44, 46 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message....  For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.
•• Speak God’s Word to people to open for them new dimensions in the Holy Spirit.
• Tell people what God’s Word says about the mighty baptism with the Holy Spirit.
• Tell people what the Word of God says about healings, prophecy, miracles...
• Tell people from God’s Word to pray for and expect the demonstration of the Holy Ghost and power.
Romans 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming.
•• That centurion in the bible understood this. He asked Jesus to speak that word of faith, and his servant would be healed.
•• Peter understood this. He spoke out: “Aeneas, Jesus Christ heals you” (condensing several healing Scriptures into five words!).
•• Paul understood the importance of the spoken Word of God: “Timothy, preach the Word!”
•• God’s all-powerful Word — “the word of faith” — “is in YOUR MOUTH” to be spoken.
•• SPEAK God’s Word, and expect its infinite power to bring forth astounding results