Summary: A poem composed by yours truly which expresses the beatitudes in song to the tune of "When we all get to heaven."
THE BEATITUDES IN SONG (REVISED FEBRUARY 1, 2006)
TO THE TUNE: WHEN WE ALL GET TO HEAVEN
1. Blessed are the bankrupt children,
In the grace of God they trust.
Poor, yet rich in Him forever,
They will ne’er go bust.
When we all get to heaven
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We’ll sing and shout the victory.
2. Blessed are the ones who mourn,
Mourning for their guilt in sin;
They can know a joy forever,
Greater joy without, within.
3. Blessed are the meek, my brother,
Trusting in His victory.
By the Word of God they conquer,
Conquer every enemy.
4. Blessed are the ones who hunger,
Hunger and thirst after righteousness;
Hunger and thirst after Jesus,
Satisfied with nothing less.
5. Blessed are the ones with mercy,
They who mercy always give.
They will always be forgiven,
Be forgiven and live.
6. Blessed are the pure in heart,
Cleansed by Jesus with His blood.
Daily trusting in that cleansing,
Living for the Son of God.
7. Blessed are the reconcilers,
Making peace in Jesus name;
Jesus is the Son of God,
They will all be called the same.
8. Blessed are the persecuted,
Persecuted for His name.
Persecuted for their Jesus,
By some liars without shame.
9. You are like the old?time prophets,
Those who spoke of Jesus too;
Their reward is great in heaven,
See the victory they’ve come through.