Summary: In these days of political correctness, the serious Christian mother must make a choice between being politically correct or biblically correct.
The Politically Correct or Biblically Correct Mother?
May 8, 2016, A.M. (2Timothy 1:3-8) Command Baptist Church
I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day; Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy; When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God, (vs. 3-8).
“Political Correctness” is a hot topic in American culture today. Not a day goes by that the media reminds us of political correctness. They report on someone who is not politically correct. What is political correctness? According to Merriam-Webster’s Learner’s Dictionary, the noun political correctness is: “Agreeing with the idea that people should be careful to not use language or behave in a way that could offend a particular group of people.”
I haven’t really figured out what makes something politically correct. By everything that is said about political correctness, “Anything that is offensive to anyone or any group other than believers in Jesus Christ, aka: ‘the Christian,’ is said to be politically incorrect.” There are lots of examples of what it means to be politically incorrect from a warped worldview and liberal standpoint. For example, did you know:
• Government workers in Seattle have been told that they should no longer use the words “citizen” and “brown bag” because they are potentially offensive.
• A Florida police officer recently lost his job for calling Trayvon Martin a “thug” on Facebook.
• A professor at Ball State University was recently banned from even mentioning the concept of “intelligent design” because it would supposedly “violate the academic integrity” of the course that he was teaching.
• The mayor of Washington D.C. recently asked Christian songwriter and Gospel singer Donnie McClurkin not to attend his own concert because of his views on homosexuality.
• Chaplains in the U.S. military are being forced to perform gay marriages, even if it goes against their personal religious beliefs. The few chaplains that have refused to follow orders know that it means the end of their careers.
• The governor of California has signed a bill into law which will allow transgendered students to use whatever bathrooms and gym facilities that they would like…
• In San Francisco, authorities have installed small plastic “privacy screens” on library computers so that perverts can continue to exercise their “right” to watch pornography at the library without children being directly exposed to it.
• In an elementary school in North Carolina ordered a little six-year-old girl to remove the word “God” from a poem that she wrote to honor her two grandfathers that had served in the Vietnam War.
• A high school track team was disqualified earlier this year because one of the runners “made a gesture thanking God” once he had crossed the finish line.
• Earlier this year, a Florida Atlantic University student that refused to stomp on the name of Jesus was banned from class.
• A student at Sonoma State University was ordered to take off a cross that she was wearing because someone “could be offended“.
• A teacher in New Jersey was fired for giving his own Bible to a student that did not own one.
• Volunteer chaplains for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department have been banned from using the name of Jesus on government property.
• According to a new Army manual, U.S. soldiers will now be instructed to avoid “any criticism of pedophilia” and to avoid criticizing “anything related to Islam”. The following is from a Judicial Watch article…
• The Obama administration has banned all U.S. government agencies from producing any training materials that link Islam with terrorism. In fact, the FBI has gone back and purged references to Islam and terrorism from hundreds of old documents.
• According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, it is illegal for employers to discriminate against criminals because it has a “disproportionate” impact on minorities.
Political correctness is killing our country and destroying our families. How? It is warping the minds of our youth to the point that they are accepting the views of left wing social media on “political correctness” instead of being taught what is biblically correct and plain common sense.