Summary: Two areas life/Satan most frequently attacks people of God are in the “mind and emotions.”
Pastor Allan Kircher
Shell Point Baptist Church
May 11, 2014
The Breastplate of Righteousness
• Studying pieces “the whole armor of God.”
• “armor or God” necessary tool/our fight against the devil
• W/o every piece/armor/place, we/easy prey /enemy.
• pieces/armor/missing, Satan/little trouble defeating us’
• little trouble damaging our testimonies
• infiltrating/devastating our churches
• When the armor is missing, we are easily defeated.
Yet/when/saint/God dressed “the whole armor of God,” enemy has a hard time dealing with them
• When/armor is in place, he cannot penetrate their defenses
• He must watch helplessly/they “stand” for God’s glory
• As they stand victoriously and powerful.
I want that to be my testimony, how about you?
Let’s continue examine/pieces “the whole armor of God.”
Knowing what they are/how to use them will help us to “stand” for the Lord in victory
• First pieces of armor/14a/“belt of truth.”
• Refers/life of total commitment/Lord
• Life/built upon faithfulness/Word of God
• Speaks/truth in testimony and truth in living
• “belt of truth” will provide/Christian soldier stability
W/o the “belt of truth” the soldier/God will find the other pieces of the armor useless.
II. V. 14b THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
“Breastplate” sleeveless piece/armor covered/full torso/soldier.
No Roman soldier would dare go/battle w/o “breastplate” in place
• Several ways to make “breastplates” in that day.
1. Some/heavy pieces of leather---shaped to fit/upper body.
“breastplate” then covered/overlapping slices of animal hooves, horns, or pieces of metal.
2. Some/made/very think pieces of linen cloth
kind “breastplate” also covered/strips of hooves, horns, or metal.
3. third kind/I would/preferred since I am allergic to pain
Made/large pieces/metal were hammered to fit the body.
Regardless/kind of “breastplate” the soldier wore, intent/same
• “breastplate”/designed/protect/ vital organs/housed/torso
• “breastplate” protected/heart/lungs/liver/stomach
• age before antibiotics/advanced surgery techniques
• wound/part/body would not only be very painful
• it would have likely been fatal too
• Soldier depended “breastplate” protect him/injury/death.
Spiritual significance/piece of armor becomes clear when you stop to remember/ancient world believed
• “heart” represented “the will and the mind” of a person
• also believed “bowels,” we call “internal organs,” the “guts”,
• Represented “the seat of emotion or feelings.”