Summary: As God brought Ezekiel to a dead, dry place, we must breathe life into dead places by the Holy Spirit, prophesying life to dead bones that will become a great army!
THE BREATH OF LIFE: Breathe in God, Breathe out God. 092009
How we live by the breath of God: Communication with God is critical and necessary – prayer is like our spiritual breath, we listen to God, we hear from God, we speak to God, we speak for God – the breath of life.
1. Directed by the hand of the Lord
2. Filled with the Spirit of God
3. Brought to a place of death (speaking of Israel)
4. Challenged by God
I. Breathing in God: Apart from God there is no life.
1. God breathed into Adam the breath of life: Gen. 2:9
2. God should be as natural as breathing
3. You have to breathe in and breathe out.
4. Say “Breathe on me Lord!”
II. Breathing out God: God calls us to speak for Him:
1. By the Hand of God (Ezekiel 37:1 (quickview) ) He touched my mouth with it and said, "Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven." Isaiah 6:7 (quickview)
3. By His Will, Not Ours: But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot. Jer. 20:9
4. To bring life to places of death, dry valleys. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19 (quickview)
III. What are you talking about? We are designed to talk about God.
Could what we talk about be aired publicly? I’m sorry…but…?
IV. Prophesy: Speak life words/Words of blessing/healing
1. Speak salvation to dry, dead places: Living water not sewage brings life
2) Good Breath/Bad Breath: 2 Cor 2:16
3) Can they live? What you say/do matters!
4) “Word of God Speak, would you pour down like rain.” Mercy Me
2. Say good things to people (who do you want to be around?) Mt 5:22
2) Balance truth and love
3) Look for opportunities to say good things – it feels good!
5) Let my words be few. Ecc. 5:2 , Mt. 12:36
3. Say good things about yourself
1) I belong to God, I am saved, I am forgiven...
2) Look what the Lord has done!
3) Glorify God!
4. What are you listening to?
1) Imagine if we were not hearing God but think we were.
2) God is speaking, even through children.
3) The world’s message isn’t working.
IV. What is your testimony?
They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. Rev 12:20