Summary: The Church is changing whether we want to admit it or not. The "Baby Boomer" generation is moving into retirement and it's time for the next generation to step up and take their place in the Kingdom but will they?
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1. The Church is changing whether we want to admit it or not. The "Baby Boomer" generation is moving into retirement and it's time for the next generation to step up and take their place in the Kingdom but will they?
o Baby Boomer's hearts were tied to places. (Cathedrals, Stained Glass Windows, Monuments to Moments etc.)
o Millennial's hearts are tied to "Causes"… (Feeding the Hungry, Providing Clean Water, Making Others Feel Valued etc.)
2. The Local Church must Adapt or Die!
o If we can't communicate "The Cause" we will never reach this generation.
I. THE CAUSE OF CHRIST
A. The Value of the Gospel
1. What is "The Gospel?" - Good News
2. It's time to learn the Bible. Line upon line, precept upon precept.
B. The Value of the Anointing
1. What is "The Anointing?" - The burden removing, yoke destroying power of God!
2. Learning to operate in (and with) the anointing.
C. The Value of Revival
1. What is "Revival?" - Bringing dead things to life again!
2. Developing an appetite for a "Revival Lifestyle." (When this generation commits that commitment is deep)
II. THE CAUSE OF CALVARY
A. To Redeem Lost Humanity
1. Defined - 1Co 6:20; 1Co 7:23
2. Comes from God - Isa 44:21-23; Isa 43:1; Luk 1:68
3. Comes through Jesus - Mat 20:28; Gal 3:13
4. Because of the Blood of Christ - Act 20:28; Heb 9:12; 1Pe 1:19; Rev 5:9
B. The Benefits of Calvary
1. No longer under the bondage of the law but under grace - Gal 4:5;
2. Redeemed from the curse of the law - Gal 3:13
3. Free from sin and became servants of righteousness - Rom 6:18; Rom 6:22
4. Our soul is redeemed from the power of the grave - Psa 49:15
5. Delivered from this old evil world - Gal 1:4
6. Delivered from our enemies - Psa 106:10-11; Jer 15:21
7. The sting of death has been conquered - Hos 13:14; 1Co15:55
8. Life is redeemed from destruction - Psa 103:4
C. To Re-Establish Identity and Communion with God - Atonement
III. COMMITTING TO THE CAUSE
A. This is Real
2. Matthew 24:1-51 (44)
B. This is Life Changing
1. The reality of Calvary and the imminent return of our Lord will fuel the cause of the Gospel until Jesus returns.
2. Preachers must preach the Word with power, anointing and conviction.
C. This is Necessary
1. 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
2. Romans 10:14-15 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
1. God is calling us to surrender to His call
2. Saying we surrender and living a life of surrender are two different things.
Closing: Committed to the Cause of Christ for the rest of our lives…