Summary: - Christ popular with the people now was the time to make his move - Satan offered the kingdoms of the world at the beginning of his ministry - Now at the end the people wanted him as king - But what was His concern?
A Celebrity is a famous or well-known person
- Angelyne. of Los Angeles, hired an
agent to make her famous, and so he plastered her picture on billboards throughout the city.
- She does not advertise beer or
cigarettes or cars or restaurants or hotels.
- Nor does she type, or have skills for sale
- The only thing she advertises is herself.
- We live in a world where you can be famous for being famous.
- Lab worker Jonas Salk - Developed Polio vaccine
- Pilot John Glenn - orbited the earth 3 times
- Van Cliburn - Pianist - became a celebrity for playing the piano
- Shoshanna Lonstein - became a celebrity by spending time with celebrities
- Past Sun. 100 chatroom users saw Kevin Whitrick a UK father of 2 hang himself in front of webcam
- People mag created in 1974 became a respectable magazine for peoples appetite for celebrity
- Christ popular with the people now was
the time to make his move
- Satan offered the kingdoms of the world at the beginning of his ministry
- Now at the end the people wanted him as king
- But what was his concern?
- Mt. 21 Coming as a celebrity
- Compare other monarchs Queen of Sheba - 1 Ki 10:2 And she came to Jerusalem with a very great train, with camels that bare spices, and very much gold, and precious stones: and when she was come to Solomon, she communed with him of all that was in her heart.
- Jehu - 2 Ki 9:13 Then they hasted, and took every man
his garment, and put it under him on the top of the stairs, a nd blew with trumpets, saying, Jehu is king.
- Lk 19:41 Weeping over City Lk 19:41And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it
Monday - Authority
- Over Nature – Mk 11:12
- To Judge – Cleansing the Temple
- To Heal – Mt. 21:14
Tuesday - Conflict
- With Scribes & Pharisees – Mt 23
- With time – Mt. 24-25
- With the Loyal – Anointing & Judas
Wednesday - Silence
- Knowing the Animosity
- Just waiting
- John the Baptist pointed out the Lamb of God
- Now the Lamb was to be slain
- Passover – Points Forward – Mt 26:17
- Breaking Bread – Points Back
- Saying Goodbye – Jn. 14
Friday - Suffering
- Praying - Disciples & Gethsemane
- Betrayal – Mt 47-50
- Falsely Accused – Mt 26:59-62
- His People Spit & Beat on Him
- Soldiers Spit, Beat & Mock Him
- Crucify Him – Mt 27:35
The “Celebrity Christ” Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
1. Demonstration - Christ Right to Rule
- Declare Him King
2. Authority - Submit to His Lordship
- Fig tree, Cleansing temple, Healing
3. Conflict - Heart Priorities
- Scribes (Hypocrites)
- Know the signs of the end and be
- (Alabaster jar) Pour out worship
- Watch the Judas agenda
4. Silence – Wait on the Lord
- Be still and know that I am God
- Allow the Lord to work
5. Preparation – Obedient to His Plan
- The table - Focus on the Lord
6. Suffering – Faithful to the End
- Prayer and the Word
- In betrayal
- False accusations
- Pain & abuse from within and without
- Even at death