Summary: We have the cure for this lost and dying world. The cure...is JESUS
Scripture: Acts 1:8 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (NKJV)
Intro: Background of text: Christ had been crucified, buried and rose from the dead. He showed Himself alive for 40 days and then ascendant into Heaven. He sent down the Holy Spirit to dwell inside believers and to give them power to push back the darkness that was destroying mankind.
Romans 1:16-17 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”
Christian: A believer in Jesus Christ and His teachings
Contagion: The communication of disease from one person to another by close contact.
1) Proof of salvation:
• Galatians 5:22-23 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
• 1 John 3:14 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.
• 1 Corinthians 13:13 13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
• 2 Corinthians 5:17 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
2) Spread the word:
• John 5:24 24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
• Romans 10:14-17 14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
3) Why should we spread the word?
• We got the
• C ure for sin
• H ealing for the sick
• R elief for the weary
• I nclusion for the alienated
• S pecific
• T reatment
I know someone who will: