Summary: The church is not like the world. Christians should treat each other different the worldly people treat each other.
1. Read I Corin. 6:1-11
The Corinthian church was a lot like churches today. They had the church mixed up with the world and lived and acted just like the world. The churches today act a lot like that. People use the same rules and actions in the church as they do in the political world. My brethren it should not be so. When we feel the pain of be defrauded or hurt we want to strike back and avenge ourselves. But God has said, “Vengeance is mine I will repay.” (Romans 12:19) And in another place the Bible says God will judge His people. (Hebrews 10:30) In the church at Corinth some of the saints were self centered and unwilling to give up anything for the cause of Christ or the for the liberation of the sinners from the slavery of the Devil. To live and act worldly is to show those around us that there is no difference between saint or sinner and that Christians treat each other no differently than the rest of the world. The saints at Corinth were taking each other to court in the public arena of the world. Those outside the church no doubt were saying, “If this is Christianity I want nothing to do with it.”
We do know that sometime in our Christian life some one who is a Christian may offend us or even try to hurt us in some way. So what is a Christian to do if we are defrauded by a brother or sister in Christ? Jesus has said:
2. Matt. 18:15-18 …one on one …two or three …the church….
3. Matt. 5:38-40 …sue you … (I Corin. 6:7…it would be better to accept wrong.)
4. I Tim 4:16 …Take heed to yourself …you will save yourself and those who hear you.
We are to do nothing that would belittle Christ or His church! To cause someone to loose their soul because of our wants or desires is a grievous sin!
5. I Corin. 6:2-3 …judge the world …judge the angels…
a. Rev. 20:4 …I saw thrones…
b. Rev. 1:4-6 …He has made us priest and kings….
c. Rev. 3:21 …sit with me on My throne…
d. Jude 6 …angels who did not keep their proper domain…
e. Rev. 20:11-15 …great white throne…
6. I Corin. 6:4-5 …do you select the least esteemed in the church to judge?
7. I Corin. 6:8 No you yourselves do wrong and defraud and you do these things to your brethren.
a. The church is a Spiritual family and should be treated that way!
b. John 1:12-13 …the right to become children of God…
8. I Corin. 6:9-10 …unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God…
9. I Corin. 6:11
a. But you were washed (baptized)
b. But you were sanctified (set apart)
c. But you justified (cleared of all charges)
To be saved you must:
1. Believe - John 6:24
2. Repent – Acts 17:30
3. Confess believe in Christ – Matt. 10:32-33
4. Be baptized – Acts 22:16 (wash your sins away)
5. Live faithfully until you die or Jesus comes back – Rev. 2:10