Summary: We need Jesus
- The purpose in this message is to speak to those who need something in their life but are unsure what it is.
- Is God for you?
- The one thought to be remembered today is that our worthiness is not because of us or what we do.
- But it is based on God and who He is.
- Background info on this passage
I. The Necessity of the Cleansing Touch of Jesus
- Describe leprosy
1. It starts on the out skin
2. It travels to the deepest part of the body the bone marrow
3. It was incurable
4. Death was certain
- What is typology?
- King David was a type of Christ
- The Bronze Serpent in the OT was a type of Christ on the cross
- Leprosy is a type of sin
1. Sin begins on the surface
2. Like leprosy if left long enough it travels to the deepest parts of the man
3. Sin like leprosy is incurable
4. With sin like leprosy death is certain Romans 6:23
- No matter if we have leprosy or are just sinners Jesus gave us all a gift when we need it most
- He gave us mercy when we needed it most
- He loved us when we needed it most
- And like the leper Jesus can touch each one of our lives right where we need Him most
- When do you need Him most?
- It is only through Jesus that the curse of sin can be broken
II. The Availability of the Cleansing Touch of Jesus
- For God so loved who?
- Most certainly God was available to mighty men
- God made a covenant with Abraham
- God anointed King David
- God was available to Job
- But those were respected and faithful men of God
- Who else was is God available too?
- How about Paul?
- How about Nicodemus?
- Then there was the Samaritan woman
- How about the leper we just talked about?
- This was no insignificant act because reaching His hand out to a dying man he made Himself available to someone who desperately needed Him
- He made Himself available to a woman caught in adultery in John chapter 8
- John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
- Jesus was available to the thief on the cross in Luke 23
- Jesus made Himself available to the whole world as He hung on that cross
- (describe how He felt on the cross)
- Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
- Justice + God’s love =Jesus on the cross
- Jesus was available to the hard hearted Pharisees who rejected Him the same as he was to those who received Him
- He was just as available to the hard hearted thief on the cross who railed on Him the same as He was the other thief who lived Him and called on Jesus to take Him with Him.
- Are you here today and have been hard hearted toward God about something?
- Have you been looking for something in your life and you just did not know what it was?
- Maybe you need to just let go of your hard heart today?
- Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
- 2Co_6:2 …behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
- 1Th_5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,