Summary: Jesus placed high importance on the purity of the heart. Why is the color of your heart so important?
"The Color of Your Heart"
The teachings of Jesus were continually aimed at the hearts of men and women. The religion of Jesus requires purity of heart. Any faith or philosophy that moves away from purity is not of God. Jesus would change our hearts and minds. Why is the color of one’s heart so important?
I. AN IMPURE HEART CAUSES SPIRITUAL BLINDNESS.
A. Sin blinds to the reality of what is good and beautiful.
1. Have you ever known the joy of giving of yourself to help another person?
2. Have you ever felt the satisfaction of knowing you have been a good witness for Christ and feeling that your life has real meaning and purpose?
3. Have you ever felt the freedom and peace of trusting in Christ to provide for needs?
B. A darkened heart blinds to the horrors of sin.
1. What makes one person feel hate and malice towards another person?
2. What allows a person to cheat and steal from others with a sense of glee and satisfaction?
3. What allows a person to rape, molest, or abuse others with no remorse?
4. What allows "God’s people" to have no concern for the lives of others--physical as well as spiritual needs?
5. The answer is SIN. Sin blinds to what is good, right and beautiful. It dulls and darkens.
II. A PURE HEART ENABLES US TO SEE A PRECIOUS SIGHT --- GOD!
What does that mean? The person with a pure heart:
A. Will see God in nature--in the beauty of the world around us.
B. Will see God in the Scriptures--the veil is lifted by God’s Spirit and you see God on every page.
C. Will see God in His Church--unclean hearts see little good among God’s people, but the pure see God at work in spite of the failings of God’s people. "It should be remembered that every man sees that which is according to his own nature."
D. Begins to discern something of God’s true character--His goodness, mercy, holiness, love. They appreciate His attributes and understand His character.
E. Has access to God’s fellowship--you are granted an audience with the King anytime!
F. Will one day see God face to face in heaven!
III. A PURE HEART CAN ONLY COME THROUGH KNOWING CHIRST.
A. It is necessary to know Jesus Christ personally because no one has a pure heart!
B. Knowing Jesus personally does not come by ceremony or ritual or "good work" that results in heart transformation.
C. It is accomplished by God’s Spirit as we trust in Jesus Christ. If you believe in your heart that Jesus died for your sins, rose from the dead and that He offers you eternal life through repentance and forgiveness of sins, your heart will be transformed today! He will enable you to see Him for who He really is!
Is your heart pure and clean today through the blood of Christ? Let Jesus give you a pure heart through His power today!