Summary: Paul said this God-Man was “Preeminent,” which means UNRIVALED, UNEQUALED, MATCHLESS, & UNSURPASSED 4. That’s why when He was born in Bethlehem, His was the “Cradle that Rocked the World.”
THE CRADLE THAT ROCKED THE WORLD
A. HUMOR: THE UNSELFISH REQUEST
1. The Santa Claus at the shopping mall was very surprised when a Emily, young lady aged about 20 years old walked up and sat on his lap.
2. Now, we all know that Santa doesn't usually take requests from adults, but she smiled very nicely at him, so he asked her, 'What do you want for Christmas?'
3. 'Something for my mother, please,' replied Emily sweetly.
'Something for your mother? Well, that's very loving and unselfish of you,' smiled Santa. 'What would you like me to bring her?'
4. Without turning a hair Emily answered quickly, 'A son-in-law.'
B. THE UNPARALLELED SON OF GOD
1. John Blanchard has estimated that about 30 billion people have lived on planet Earth, almost all of them—have lived, died, and been forgotten. But, there’s one person who hasn’t -- He stands out -- totally, uniquely in a class by Himself.
2. That one individual hasn’t gotten LESS attention since He lived, but has received more attention, devotion, criticism, adoration, and opposition than any other person in all of the 30 billion.
3. Who’s that singular person? His name is, say it with me: Jesus—a man born in Bethlehem about 2,000 years ago. This amazing person, Jesus, when He was born, divided all of history into B.C. and A.D.
4. He never wrote a book; but, more books have been written about Him than any man in history. He never painted a picture, or wrote a poem, or composed a song; yet think of the art, the literature, the pictures, films, and the videos that have been done concerning this person.
5. He never raised an army; and yet, millions have laid down their lives in His cause. He never travelled more than 200 miles from His hometown, but, today, in Huntsville, Texas, and around the world, His influence is felt.
1. Micah 5:2; “ But you, Bethlehem…Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me the One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from of old, From everlasting.”
2. PAUL SPOKE OF THIS JESUS:
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross” Col. 1:15–20.
1. The historian Kenneth Scott Latourette said, “Jesus has had more effect on the history of mankind than any other of its race who ever existed.”